Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh Barnett: "I serve no master"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/13...dVO1DJvYwuW1rv

Excerpt:
    "I want to fight though and the UFC has a fantastic lineup of people that I could go out there and compete against and it has a huge market share. It has all the market share, I'm being honest. I'm not here to kowtow to anybody. I don't serve anyone. I serve no master. I'm sure the best-case scenario can be made to happen. It's just up to whoever wants to pay my price."

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      **** I forgot about Masvidal, he would be a good addition too LW in the UFC. How do the pick up Noons and not Masvidal? Didn't Cavalcante test positive after his last fight?
      Yea, the Noons thing is beyond me but I'll bet they got him cheap.

Cavalcante did test positive. I was wondering if he went anywhere since or was in limbo. I'm indifferent about the guy but he was one of their better fighters.

Comment

Lonnng time coming for Mousasi, I'm very very pleased about this.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Lonnng time coming for Mousasi, I'm very very pleased about this.
          Yeah, I'm happy with this.

Comment

Glad to see Mousasi in the mix! I wish they got Barnett/Kharitonov though, both would have been great additions to the UFC heavyweight stable. I think both like to wrestle in Japan and don't like to be tied down to one organisation, from what I have read from previous interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              Yeah, I'm happy with this.
              Him and Overeem have been my favorite signings to the UFC in the past couple of years.
              I hope for great things for Reem, Mousasi and Siyar in 2013.

Comment

Cormier, Gracie and Couture I'm excited about. Don't know much about the other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Cormier, Gracie and Couture I'm excited about. Don't know much about the other fighters.
                  If you're not familiar, check out Mousassi's pre-Strikeforce fights in Japan. He went on a tear like no other, beating 6 guys in 2008 alone. He's destroyed Jacare, Mark Hunt (the heavyweight), Kang, Manhoef, etc.

Comment

Cool, love Manhoef. Lot of knockouts, always goes for the finish, the way a fighter is supposed to be IMO. I like watching the guys that always go the knockout or are always trying to submit their opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X