No announcement yet.

Martinez on Pac/May: "There are negotiations and they're very advanced."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crillz View Post
    you guys make too much of Sergio Martinez and any fighter for that matter, he's just a fighter whom can be beat too. y'all really think Floyd can't beat Sergio? so you really going to overlook skills for name/weight? what kind of Boxing fans are you? nothing about Sergio's style says he can beat Manny nor Floyd, if anything he's built for them because he holds his hands low and is VERY open to be hit

Floyd has unusually long arms, Manny has the kind of speed you can't prepare for, you don't know what it feels like unless you're face to face against it, Sergio is a very intelligent fighter but when it comes to the hand to hand, when I separate the names from the Men and evaluate them simply by their fighting and physicaly abilities I truly don't understand why this fight is a land slide to most in favor of Martinez, if you ask me I don't see how Sergio would win

not just Floyd neither the same goes for Pacquiao too, these guys aren't 1 dimensional fighters who only bring it 1 way like Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams these are the best fighters on the planet within these weightclasses, they know how to adjust and persevere unlike Williams and Pavlik who weren't able to "adjust" against Sergio until they hit the hospital and had to "adjust" their beds. I think there are too many Man crushes going on in here to be honest
    All that you posted applies to both Pacman & Floyd as well. Have you ever thought about that? Martinez isn't a 1 dementional Margarito or a fat lightweight Marquez, or a shot a$$ Mosley. Take a serious look at what Martinez has done lately, the level of opposition between the 3 & ask yourself who's had the most impressive string of victories? Pacman struggled with a shot Mosley. Floyd resorted to cheap legal shots to beat Ortiz. Martinez struggled with an unknown untested cherrypicked fighter. Every fighter is beatable, but Floyd & Manny choose the easiest fights possible. Martinez has not had that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
      you guys make too much of Sergio Martinez and any fighter for that matter, he's just a fighter whom can be beat too. y'all really think Floyd can't beat Sergio? so you really going to overlook skills for name/weight? what kind of Boxing fans are you? nothing about Sergio's style says he can beat Manny nor Floyd, if anything he's built for them because he holds his hands low and is VERY open to be hit

Floyd has unusually long arms, Manny has the kind of speed you can't prepare for, you don't know what it feels like unless you're face to face against it, Sergio is a very intelligent fighter but when it comes to the hand to hand, when I separate the names from the Men and evaluate them simply by their fighting and physicaly abilities I truly don't understand why this fight is a land slide to most in favor of Martinez, if you ask me I don't see how Sergio would win

not just Floyd neither the same goes for Pacquiao too, these guys aren't 1 dimensional fighters who only bring it 1 way like Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams these are the best fighters on the planet within these weightclasses, they know how to adjust and persevere unlike Williams and Pavlik who weren't able to "adjust" against Sergio until they hit the hospital and had to "adjust" their beds. I think there are too many Man crushes going on in here to be honest
      Sergio is not a come forward, flat footed, brawling, stationary psycho like the fighters Pacquiao has been matched with his whole career. They didn't want him to fight Guzman cause "Guzman ain't bring nothing", so he aint fought Guzman but you think he's not scared of Sergio? Lol Sergio is too elusive for Pac, they want fighters who will "come to fight" AKA hit and be hit, AKA let me hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Sergio is not a come forward, flat footed, brawling, stationary psycho like the fighters Pacquiao has been matched with his whole career. They didn't want him to fight Guzman cause "Guzman ain't bring nothing", so he aint fought Guzman but you think he's not scared of Sergio? Lol Sergio is too elusive for Pac, they want fighters who will "come to fight" AKA hit and be hit, AKA let me hit you.
        Mosley ran from Pac and still lost 12 rounds

Clottey was "elusive" and did not brawl and still lost 12 rounds

Comment

Dont give me that slick nonsense

What the hell happened to Judah against Tszyu? Malignaggi against Hatton?

You dont have the facts to back up your claim that any particular style is superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
            running ≠ slick

Standing in front of Manny with your hands up is not elusive.

Comment

Clottey elusive...lmao.

Comment

A lot of people want Floyd to fight Pac, a lot want Martinez, and a lot of Brits want a Khan fight. I say just fight either of those 3. The only plan D I would tolerate is Maidana, only cause Maidana stopped Ortiz and gave Khan hell. Any other fight would be a disappointment. Well actually not fighting fighters A, B, and C would be a disappontment BUT Maidana is TOLERABLE, not that it's a great fight, style wise.
                Please no MAidana. If he fights Marcos it will be more like the Gatti fight than any other match up. No defense and squared feet will get Maidana beaten bloody in 5. Too easy.

lol.
                I do believe you're the first to describe Clottey as elusive.

Comment

Just my thoughts...whoever agrees to fight Serg (May/Pac) at the full 154lb limit will clearify all speculations about who's fault it was in negotiations!! You don't turn down that much money just to go fight a bigger and just as live opponent if you're the "DUCK."

99.9% that Pac won't fight him and if he does there will be a CW!!!

60% chance Floyd fights him and 100% chance that if he does it will be at the full limit and Serg will be able to hydrate back to whatever he wants!!

I fully agree with the pervious posters that said whoever takes this fight at the full limit pulls ahead legacy wise.

Comment

Both guys should jump on this fight. Both would beat him, and it would be a great win on their resume since Sergio is so highly regarded at the time. (even though I don't really agree with that)

The negative would be money, but both Floyd and Manny have made ****loads already, so...

Comment

don't get your hopes up, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X