No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto Talks Pacquiao, Ortiz, Ring Return, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Berto Talks Pacquiao, Ortiz, Ring Return, More

BoxingScene.com caught up to former WBC welterweight titlist Andre Berto, who has just returned from an 18-day vacation that covered trips to the Indonesia and the Philippines.

[Click Here To Read More]

No shame, Berto, you lost to the P4P KING.
    Last edited by Major Motoko; 06-04-2011, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Queue the *******s...

Comment

Shame on Berto, you lost to Maidana's son.

Comment

Whatever Berto. You talked all that crap about Ortiz not having heart and he showed you and took your belt. Get the heck outta here with that crap son. On another note, him mentioning Larry Merchant brought me back to something. It's funny he said Larry was criticizing him about not getting into brawls. I've noticed that about Larry, people like a Bernard Hopkins or Mayweather or Bradley, anyone who doesn't fight with a brawl type of style Larry always has something negative to say about them. Even if he complements them it always seems to be a back handed complement cause he follows it up with something negative. For awhile I was starting to think Merchant was racist cause it seemed he would only say it about non white fighters. Then I noticed he said it about anyone who doesn't go in there and throw caution to the wind and just slug it out. Seems as if the days of enjoying a good chess match in boxing have even passed Larry Merchant by. SMH

Comment

Berto sounds like he is devastated from his first loss like Lopez. Berto talking all this about he didn't show up but during the promotion for the fight, he was talking about making Ortiz quit again. Andre Berto is full of ****.

Comment

Berto's body looked really soft, and I'm not so sure he put in the work necessary for that fight. Being said, I hope he takes a b-ball shooters mentality and keep jacking em up. I'm saying he needs to forget the past, and what's being said. Rededicate himself, and get back to the basics. Hard Work & Dedication. Make the gym the hard part, and every thing else will fall back into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Whatever Berto. You talked all that crap about Ortiz not having heart and he showed you and took your belt. Get the heck outta here with that crap son. On another note, him mentioning Larry Merchant brought me back to something. It's funny he said Larry was criticizing him about not getting into brawls. I've noticed that about Larry, people like a Bernard Hopkins or Mayweather or Bradley, anyone who doesn't fight with a brawl type of style Larry always has something negative to say about them. Even if he complements them it always seems to be a back handed complement cause he follows it up with something negative. For awhile I was starting to think Merchant was racist cause it seemed he would only say it about non white fighters. Then I noticed he said it about anyone who doesn't go in there and throw caution to the wind and just slug it out. Seems as if the days of enjoying a good chess match in boxing have even passed Larry Merchant by. SMH
                Larry is ol' school. He just wants to see the way boxing used to be. Time's have changed. I respect fighters in all aspects. Brawlers and technical boxers. Have to be able to appreciate the sport in a whole but Merchant is just an ol grumpy man that is stuck in his ways and mind frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbay Giant View Post
                  Berto's body looked really soft, and I'm not so sure he put in the work necessary for that fight. Being said, I hope he takes a b-ball shooters mentality and keep jacking em up. I'm saying he needs to forget the past, and what's being said. Rededicate himself, and get back to the basics. Hard Work & Dedication. Make the gym the hard part, and every thing else will fall back into place.
                  Berto was just getting to pampered. He makes more than alot of fighters that should be getting more than him for a fight and Berto wasn't even fighting the top guys in his division. He even had Ortiz move up thinking he could do a Urango on him. Reality hit harder than a brick this time.

Comment

i thought i'd read news of berto-zaveck but still no go. they said it's going to get decided at the ibf congress which/ i think/ it ends today but no info yet. if someone knows more please let us know.

Comment

Working...
                    X