No announcement yet.

Footbal vs US Football

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
    The real football (soccer to you Yanks ).

It's just the better sport, quite simply.

I saw somewhere, and I don't know how true it is, but the average NFL game features only 10 minutes and 43 seconds of action - the rest is just replays, commercials and commentary.

I mean is that true? If so that's an absolute disgrace and shouldn't even be considered/mentioned in the same breadth as football.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...055561406.html

Comment

I expect this football to be in the lead until this afternoon/evening when our American cousins sign on, then i fully expect American Football to take the lead lol

I would choose Rugby over both Football & Yankball, but, alas, it's not a choice.

Comment

Wow...just...wow.

I can't wait to hear what the yanks say about this....

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          Wow...just...wow.

I can't wait to hear what the yanks say about this....
          In a nation of over 315 million people, only 108 million tuned in this year to watch the 'Superbowl'. That's 34 percent of Americans overall.

Then you have to factor in the fact that many people who don't even like American football tune in for the 'Superbowl' anyway for various reasons such as to see the new commercials, because there's nothing else on television, or because it's just an annual tradition.

I mean, how many of the millions of people who tune in for the 'Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade' every year are actual fans of parades?

The point I'm making is that there are plenty of Americans who have no intrest in American football whatsoever.

I'm one of them.

In my eyes boxing will always reign supreme.

Comment

Obviously I'm from the UK so my choice is a given...

BUT having watched the Superbowl the other day drinking with my mates i can fully understand the appeal. Probably the best drinking game sport there is because of the focus of yards. I think of NFL in the same way as Cricket or something. Theres not a huge amount of action but there is so much tactics and psychology going on there is always stuff to think about.

I like watching basketball as well but find there isnt enough tension in the game until the last quarter.

But yeah. When the US gets online i expect the poll to be a landslide...

Comment

I grew up watching and playing handegg.

So my choice is going to skewed towards 'Merikan football.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                I grew up watching and playing handegg.

So my choice is going to skewed towards 'Merikan football.
                OMG your such a cheeseburger munching redneck fat yank! Murikan Football cud not compete in football cos they is all lazy an fat innit

Comment

2 thing Americans got right: Freedom and sports

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    OMG your such a cheeseburger munching redneck fat yank! Murikan Football cud not compete in football cos they is all lazy an fat innit

I expect this thread to delve into the history of the second World War soon. Got to run to work. See ya around, Thomas.

Comment

I love both sports, I don't see how they are mutually exclusive. I like football because of the pace and passion, and I like the gridiron because its a chess match on the fileld and freakish athleticism of the players. I've layed rugby, footbal, basketball, and 'murikan football. 'murikan football was the funnest for me personall.y

Comment

Working...
                      X