Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Looking for New Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto should not go down the DLH route of constantly switching trainers.
    As far as the Floyd/Cotto fight and Floyd/Marquez fights, i'm in the boat that says Floyd actually carried both of them. Especially, Marquez , who I had the feeling Floyd could have taken him out whenever he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Cotto's problem is he was never elite, is now getting older and has been in too many wars.

Diaz is an excellent trainer, I have worked with him and he's a scientist when it comes to boxing. Cotto was praising his methods for so long and now people want another trainer?

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks" that's the bottom line. Cotto is a veteran of the sport, a really good boxer and your not going to come in a change what he does at this stage of his career.

You can try and tweak different things but it's no guarantee that he will change them when the bullets start flying.

Cotto's time is done, I predicted a Trout win and I think the only thing Trout did for Cotto was save him a brutal beating at the hands of Canelo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          Bradley has beaten every opponent he ever faced with clarity and did a much better job of hanging with Pacquiao than Miguel. the names that stand out on Cotto's record in contrast with Bradley's are the names that gave him grave trouble.
          that's nice but it's not what I asked...again which elite fighters has bradley beaten? I'm going to need an argument here to justify ur claim of bradley "knocking on the door of the elite" to take this seriously because I don't see it

a faded margarito did better against pac than cotto did so I don't rate bradley losing 10 rounds and getting a gift decision...sorry
          Bradley's certainly knocking on the door of the elite and, as a still-prime fighter who hasn't taken a ton of punishment, can yet prove himself to belong in that category. Cotto had his chance to prove he belonged there and didn't make it.
          wait so u're saying bradley still has a chance of proving himself in this category? which is basically admitting he isn't there yet nor is there any indication he will be. he would've been a step closer had he fought and beaten khan at the time now he's stuck fighting the mighty providnikovs of a division he's left

what top tier fighters has bradley fought anyway? holt, alexander and witter? are u kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            that's nice but it's not what I asked...again which elite fighters has bradley beaten? I'm going to need an argument here to justify ur claim of bradley "knocking on the door of the elite" to take this seriously because I don't see it
            but people are supposed to take claims that Cotto was ever elite seriously, when Cotto had his chance to put himself in that class and came up badly short?

a faded margarito did better against pac than cotto did so I don't rate bradley losing 10 rounds and getting a gift decision...sorry
            Margarito and Cotto both were dominated and battered to pulps by Pacquiao.

Bradley showed himself much better equipped to hang in that class. and he didn't lose 10 rounds, either.

wait so u're saying bradley still has a chance of proving himself in this category? which is basically admitting he isn't there yet nor is there any indication he will be. he would've been a step closer had he fought and beaten khan at the time now he's stuck fighting the mighty providnikovs of a division he's left
            where did i say that Bradley has cemented himself as an elite? i implied that he's put himself on a level between the elite guys and the non-elite world class guys and still has chances in front of him to elevate himself into that upper tier. Cotto has no chances left. he's spent.

indications? at 140, Bradley beat every opponent he faced and beat them with clarity. he didn't win vacant belts. he unified twice. more than just taking into account who he beat, the manner in which he beat them was impressive, taking on a variety of styles and adopting different looks and bringing out different primary weapons for each one. Witter, for instance, was a guy that nobody looked good against - even against fighters who had beaten him (Judah) or arguably beaten him (Kotelnik), Witter was able to have his awkward way and make the opponent look bad for the most part, but Bradley completely turned Witter's awkwardness back around on him and ultimately dominated that guy in his backyard.

against Pacquiao, he caused problems, won rounds, fought skilfully on the front foot and the back foot, and came out undamaged. one can argue over whether or not Bradley won or lost, but he wasn't obliterated by Pacquiao and shown to be a distinct level below. Pacquiao is the more destructive fighter by far, but he couldn't destroy Bradley - finding Bradley with his left hand was a constant problem, even when Tim came forward, while anyone who claims Bradley didn't land scoring punches in that fight is either a poorly sighted or disingenuous observer. Cotto, on the other hand, was there to be hit all night - even when he took flight he was hit very often.

[img]http://***********.com/media/simple/22438/db3f7adea4ba.gif[/img]

for all the talk of Bradley being dominated and schooled (laughable), there are many moments in the fight that do not support that view.

what top tier fighters has bradley fought anyway? holt, alexander and witter? are u kidding me?
            what prime names on Cotto's record stand out so distinctly from Witter, Holt, Alexander and Peterson? the ones who destroyed him? Cotto's own record is fat with B fighters of a similar stature to those, some of whom caused him a mess of problems, like Clottey and Torres.

Bradley's shown himself to be a technically more rounded fighter with greater intangibles and more potential for achievement than Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
              Fuck outta here with this shit!!

Martinez yes Cotto no? hahahahah
              Marquez and Cotto's career are comparable, only thing Marquez hve to hang on, is his last fight!! Please stop it bro!!
              Martinez's resume is already >>>>> then Cottos

LMFAO @ you saying Cotto's career is comparable to Marquez's GTFO ******

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                Bradley has beaten every opponent he ever faced with clarity and did a much better job of hanging with Pacquiao than Miguel. the names that stand out on Cotto's record in contrast with Bradley's are the names that gave him grave trouble.

Bradley's certainly knocking on the door of the elite and, as a still-prime fighter who hasn't taken a ton of punishment, can yet prove himself to belong in that category. Cotto had his chance to prove he belonged there and didn't make it.

certainly, excepting punching power, Bradley's a more complete fighter than Cotto ever was.
                The Pac that Cotto fought was at his MAX Peak. The "monster" Pac which was light years better than the Pac that Bradley fought and struggled with.

Comment

He should be looking for a new profession.

Comment

Some of you guys are delusional. If you don't think that Cotto gets a beating at the hands of the red head, then your dreaming. It's not about skill, it's about size , strength and youth.

Canelo brutalizes Cotto right now. He's going to stand in front of Cotto and bang with him and that won't be good. Cotto doesn't move like he used to or throw punches like he used to.

I don't see that fight going past 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Some of you guys are delusional. If you don't think that Cotto gets a beating at the hands of the red head, then your dreaming. It's not about skill, it's about size , strength and youth.

Canelo brutalizes Cotto right now. He's going to stand in front of Cotto and bang with him and that won't be good. Cotto doesn't move like he used to or throw punches like he used to.

I don't see that fight going past 8 rounds.
                      i agree.

canelo is so underrated here its ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X