No announcement yet.

I think Andre Ward is "that good"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Martinez moved up in weight and beat undefeated, bigger guys. That's one of the main differences....Kessler?? My boy Calzaghe took that 0 away years ago, Kessler isn't now what he was before the Joe fight - no one can convince me of that. Froch???? Well I'll give Ward the most credit for that victory - the best one of his career. I mean Dawson???? There is a reason why he fights at 175 and not 168....there is a reason why Ward fought him at 168 and would not compromise in the least on the weight.

Then there is Allan Green and Tucker Pudwill.........P4P material fight there man. Come on, you guys talking like Ward is the GOAT......he beat 3 decent guys that already had done to them before what Ward did to them, plus the guy won't leave his backyard for a challenge.

I have seen posts about him beating up HW's and what not - I mean come on, let's be real. Ya'll got him confused with RJJ or something....a RJJ that was on that juice none the less.

I think the dude is top 10 p4p but he hasn't accomplished shit compared to some others in that list. You have guys in there that are 3-plus division champions with victories over hall of fame competition.....explain it away but I ain't in line to purchase that bs.
    well tell us who the hell is Ward supposed to beat then? Dude won a damn tournament against the top guys in in his division for crying out loud
    Last edited by RisAri0; 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
      well tell us who the hell is Ward supposed to beat then? Dude won a damn tournament against the top guys in in his division for crying out loud
      It doesn't matter who he fights, it's everyone that he didn't fight that people will cry about. Just like Mayweather, until Ward loses people are going to cry and cry and cry that he didn't fight so and so at this EXACT moment in time. Ward can beat anyone and people will say that he was supposed to but now he's ducking so and so.

Same **** different fighter. Until he loses people will cry. In a few years a new **** fan base (much like the pactarts) won't even know who Froch, Kessler, AA, Dawson etc is and will say he didn't fight anyone and is ducking (insert name).

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Ward has like 10 years left, and he's already done so much

Carl froch, Arthur Abraham, chad Dawson, mikkel Kessler, I mean that's the basis of a very good resume, and he's still got time.

Forget about him ever losing, it's not going to happen, it's just how many names he can get on his resume now
        That's true but none of those wins were in impressive fashion. He lost a bunch of rounds to Abraham in a boring fight full of clinches, froch fight was boring and froch never wobbled, kessler was a good performance but still a pretty boring fight, and he beat a weight drained Dawson when he should have moved up to 175 and went for the lh title if he wants to be going for atg status dude, since he is moving up now anyways.

Comment

If you are only now realizing Ward is that good, you have missed the boat already.

The question now would be is Ward that great.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            I would put Donaire above him p4p right now as he has achieved more in his career and been more active. Its only fair. You cant have Floyd at 1 because he only fights once a year and his comeback has been a puddle of piss.
            Nonito is one year older, started his pro career three years sooner and only has 5 more fights than Ward.

Comment

Martinez moved up in weight and beat undefeated, bigger guys. That's one of the main differences
              Again, your stupid argument.

What difference does it make that Darren Barker is undefeated against Domestic level bums?

Being "undefeated" doesn't mean anything.

....Kessler?? My boy Calzaghe took that 0 away years ago, Kessler isn't now what he was before the Joe fight - no one can convince me of that.
              Either way, he's was still the tournament favourite and heavy favourite to beat him and Ward dominated him.

He also went on to beat Froch so can't have been that far passed it.

Froch???? Well I'll give Ward the most credit for that victory - the best one of his career.
              Yeah and it's better than anything Martinez has done in his career.

I mean Dawson???? There is a reason why he fights at 175 and not 168....there is a reason why Ward fought him at 168 and would not compromise in the least on the weight.
              I agree.

Then there is Allan Green and Tucker Pudwill.........P4P material fight there man. Come on, you guys talking like Ward is the GOAT......he beat 3 decent guys that already had done to them before what Ward did to them, plus the guy won't leave his backyard for a challenge.
              No one is talking like Ward is even great at all. Just that he's one of the top fighters today which he clearly is.

And for every Allan Green and Tucker Pudwill you can have unranked, domestic level only fighters like Darren Barker for Martinez.

But he was undefeated!!!!

I think the dude is top 10 p4p but he hasn't accomplished shit compared to some others in that list. You have guys in there that are 3-plus division champions with victories over hall of fame competition.....explain it away but I ain't in line to purchase that bs.[/QUOTE]

He hasn't accomplished **** compared to Pacquaio and Mayweather but he has accomplished **** compared to Martinez, and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                It doesn't matter who he fights, it's everyone that he didn't fight that people will cry about. Just like Mayweather, until Ward loses people are going to cry and cry and cry that he didn't fight so and so at this EXACT moment in time. Ward can beat anyone and people will say that he was supposed to but now he's ducking so and so.

Same **** different fighter. Until he loses people will cry. In a few years a new **** fan base (much like the pactarts) won't even know who Froch, Kessler, AA, Dawson etc is and will say he didn't fight anyone and is ducking (insert name).
                ur making it sound like ur discrediting the guy tho... unless ur one of the 'everyones' u say

Comment

Working...
                X