Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: If Cotto fight as hard as Frazier against Ali can he beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wladimir1988 View Post
    IF Miguel Cotto fight as hard as Joe Frazier did against Ali can he beat floyd?

Basically going 500%, half blind don't care about your life pure hatred want to kill some monkey insane with rage ****.

I say yes, I actually don't think Floyd can knock out Cotto with one punch, it will be a combination of set ups leading to a TKO. But if Cotto had iron will like Frazier type will and heart, he can possibly kill Floyd in the ring
    He didn't kill Margarito, Clottey, Manny, jennings, Yuri Foreman and Mayorga but he's going to kill Mayweather?

Comment

I think the talent gap between bradley cotto < pac mayweather

is narrow enough that a all out all heart joe frazier cotto can beat a semi complacent Mayweather.

So counting out Cotto is just foolishness. I see huge potential for upsets especially from bradley. But Cotto as well, I just don't see floyd or manny showing ali like heart if they are pushed too hard. I just don't,
      The difference though in comparison to Cotto and Frazier in both fights is Frazier was just that, more of a balls to the wall brawler. Cotto throughout his career has been branded a brawler (which IMO is why many are looking at Cotto being easily beaten by Floyd) but his fights tell a much different story. Most brawlers don't have the timing, skill set, overall ring smarts Cotto has going into the May 5th fight. I think Frazier might've been a physically stronger guy than Ali, but that may not be exactly the same with Mayweather Cotto (Floyd's strength is underrated IMO). I think the true test will come in the adjustment dept because I think both guys at some point of the fight will be making those. May be more a chess match than an actual brawl or domination by either guy.

Comment

Its a cool tought but imo no he cant.

Floyd and Ali styles are really different, plus Cottos chin cant compare to Fraziers chin AT ALL.

Plus there is no way that Cotto can fight with the passion that frazier used to put into his fights and no way Floyd would react like Ali and trade with him and try to KO him he would play it safe.

Ali vs Frazier its probably the most remarkable rivalry i have seen in boxing or any other sport.

Comment

These hypothetical statements are hilarious. Yes I agree, if Cotto fought the best fight of his entire life and attacked like a relentless bloodthirsty maniac bordering on rampaging murder, yes he may win lol. Don't make things out to be more complex than they really are...bottom line, if Cotto cannot hurt Floyd in the fight, Cotto basically loses the fight, simple as that. Mosley hit Floyd with a right hand bomb that would have dropped most anyone and Floyd was hurt def. Floyd recovered the next round, came forward the whole rest of the fight and beat Mosley around in an embarrassing fashion. Ortiz and Mosley are both guys that can end fights with one punch and they couldn't stop Floyd. Cotto is not a one punch guy that hurts people, he does accumulated damage so unless Floyd got old overnight and/or lays on the ropes and lets Cotto wail against him, I can't see Cotto winning this. With Floyds speed, defense and accuracy, I think Cotto just has a tough night ahead of him.

Floyd by UD or late rounds stoppage (maybe 10th).

Comment

No, Fraizer had a style that would always bother Ali. Sure fraizer had a lot of heart but he also was able to land on Ali and hurt him. His style let him slip under Ali's jab and get in close to land his hook.

Cotto having more determination may help him get to the end of the fight versus being stopped but he is going to have to land on mayweather significantly to win the fight and that comes down to skill and strategy, not just heart.

Comment

Basically going 500%, half blind don't care about your life pure hatred want to kill some monkey insane with rage ****.

I say yes, I actually don't think Floyd can knock out Cotto with one punch, it will be a combination of set ups leading to a TKO. But if Cotto had iron will like Frazier type will and heart, he can possibly kill Floyd in the ring
              That's a "catch 22" kind of question. The fact is that Cotto won't have to fight as hard as Frazier, because, 1) he can't as he isn't nearly as good at fighting hard as Frazier was, and 2) Mayweather is not nearly as good as Ali was then.

For you to make such a comparison smells of backside-licking to me. (f you'll excuse my vulgarity).

Comment

Definitely. I think if Cotto can deal with Mayweathers speed and not get gassed, this fight is winnable. Let's see what happens.

Comment

If Cotto's chin holds up [and i wouldnt doubt him] then who in hell knows what happens, stamina however is one of the keys against Floyd..

Comment

Miguel must be 250% and totaly focused. Have multiple plans (defensive and offensive) and be fluid.

We are in for a war gentlemans.......you have been warned!

Comment

If Cotto fought with the stamina and heart of Frazier then he could pull an upset.

But he dosen't have either. I've seen Cotto gas out, and I've seen him take a knee (I realise that he had nothing left, but neither did Frazier when he got knocked down 6 times by Foreman and was 'knocked out' on his feet and still ready to go right back to fighting)

Also to the bolded, what the ****?

Comment

Working...
                      X