Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Bonus - Not Happy With What I've Received

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said... complaining about a bonus = not worth it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Like I said... complaining about a bonus = not worth it in the end.
      Reed is a wise man, listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        What if the company does worse next year? Will you agree with a decrease?
        Of course I would..... But when I'm the lead guy, and we have one our best years since opening 16 years ago, and you give a smaller bonus, it leaves a bitter taste.

Its not like we are a huge company. There are less than 20 people at my job.

Comment

dont complain about free money

Comment

Originally posted by FOREVER View Post
            Of course I would..... But when I'm the lead guy, and we have one our best years since opening 16 years ago, and you give a smaller bonus, it leaves a bitter taste.

Its not like we are a huge company. There are less than 20 people at my job.
            Not to sound like a dick but you're complaining about a mere $50. When i heard "bonuses" i got the idea that it was well into the thousands. My brother gets a $9000 bonus on his $70,000 job

Plus its hard to believe you'll gladly take a bonus cut if your company doesnt do as good next year

Comment

I got a real nice bonus last year, the year before and so forth. This year the firm did not give out bonuses (they usually give them out at our holiday party which was last Friday) or maybe they just haven't given them out yet. I'm a tad dissappointed but the economy is in very tough shape now and we've lost a bunch of good clients due to them going out of business...

Comment

we dont even get holiday bonuses..my holiday bonus is a gift card that my boss might give me

what we do have is quarterly bonuses...however, my Q4 bonus wont come until after January...so i cant really use that for christmas shopping or anything

Comment

Thanks. Feel good that I found out what the general consensus was on the topic, saved a lot of long term woe.
                  Last edited by Dedication; 12-19-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Not to sound like a dick but you're complaining about a mere $50. When i heard "bonuses" i got the idea that it was well into the thousands. My brother gets a $9000 bonus on his $70,000 job

Plus its hard to believe you'll gladly take a bonus cut if your company doesnt do as good next year

Naw, no offense taken.... I don't make 70g's, I make a little under 40, but with all the perks I get (not paying for gas, free cell phone, tips, etc.) it equals to right around 40...

I wish I could get a 10% bonus.....

Hopefully by March or April I have my own pool business started and I double my pay. If I'm making 40, my job is making at least double off of me alone, and there are 3 other techs.

Lord willing, by this time next year, I'm rolling in the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by FOREVER View Post
                      Naw, no offense taken.... I don't make 70g's, I make a little under 40, but with all the perks I get (not paying for gas, free cell phone, tips, etc.) it equals to right around 40...

I wish I could get a 10% bonus.....

Hopefully by March or April I have my own pool business started and I double my pay. If I'm making 40, my job is making at least double off of me alone, and there are 3 other techs.

Lord willing, by this time next year, I'm rolling in the dough.

for cost of living. . . 40 G's is good in Houston - it can go a long way. . . but it wouldn't get you very far in New York City. . . sounds like you got a good setup and security, and are a large part of the company's success. .

Comment

Working...
                      X