Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime vs. Prime...Winky Wright vs. Roy Jones Jr....154 pounds!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    wow Burner...

First of all... Prime 154lb Roy never existed.
    I kno but Im trying to make it a little more fair for Winky....

Weight aside....

How do you think this matchup goes???..I never seen it discussed before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
      Thats what I was thinking. I mean technically, Winky did lose to Vargas. I'd think a prime Roy would do more damage than Nando.
      Nobody with a brain thinks Vargas actually won that fight.

The fight would be a pretty good fight, but it depends on what you call Winkys prime.

In Winkys physical prime he moves around alot more and fought with his hands down. That Winky gets beaten handily by Roy.

The older better Winky would give Roy problems with his consistent jab and defense, but hes not mobile enough to track down Roy, and Roy would win a lopsided decision in a very competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The 5* General View Post
        I kno but Im trying to make it a little more fair for Winky....

Weight aside....

How do you think this matchup goes???..I never seen it discussed before.

I see Winky following Roy around trying to figure out how to land a punch on him... while he gets hit faster then anything in his life..

I'm sure Winky would get his few counter shots in.. but the rounds would be lopsided...

Also when Roy decides to throw an 8 punch combo... That peak aboo defense will only save him so much... his body would be tore up...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Nobody with a brain thinks Vargas actually won that fight.
          Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

The fight would be a pretty good fight, but it depends on what you call Winkys prime.

In Winkys physical prime he moves around alot more and fought with his hands down. That Winky gets beaten handily by Roy.

The older better Winky would give Roy problems with his consistent jab and defense, but hes not mobile enough to track down Roy, and Roy would win a lopsided decision in a very competitive fight.
          Thats why I included the "technically" provision in there.

Comment

I wonder how Tommy Hearns would do agains Alexis Argullio. .

Comment

I see Winky following Roy around trying to figure out how to land a punch on him... while he gets hit faster then anything in his life..

I'm sure Winky would get his few counter shots in.. but the rounds would be lopsided...

Also when Roy decides to throw an 8 punch combo... That peak aboo defense will only save him so much... his body would be tore up...

Winky hasn't been in the ring with anything like a Roy Jones Jr...

Comment

Thats how I pictured it at first....

But Winkys jab would offset Jones...he wont just take a jab to the face he will have to adjust....

And Winky was pretty quick himself...he didnt always lumber around the ring in a shell.

Comment

Originally posted by The 5* General View Post
                  Thats how I pictured it at first....

But Winkys jab would offset Jones...he wont just take a jab to the face he will have to adjust....

And Winky was pretty quick himself...he didnt always lumber around the ring in a shell.

Winky gets countered everytime he decides to Jab Roy.

"Pretty Quick"... isn't fast enough...

Comment

Working...
                  X