Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse-Pablo Cesar Cano Showdown in Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pablo is reaching w/this 1 & if it happens he'll get pounded,& w/his bad eyes, cut terribly...bad match 4 him...sounds like something Pepe Gomez from Cancun gets in w/ GBP...

Comment

I rather see Frankie Gomez get a shot at Lucas. Time for Frankie to sink or swim. This matchup has fireworks written all over it two brawlers going at it. The young lion against the former king of the pride. This would be an amazing bout for the Canelo/khan undercard. Not to mention if Frankie somehow able to get the W this could propel him to stardom something Oscar's been waiting for him to reach since he signed him to golden bot

Comment

This fight sucks. HBO has been terrible. PBC has been terrible. I'm depressed.

Comment

Stylistically a much better and easier fight for Lucas.

Comment

Solid fight. Nothing flashy. I think if Lucas is moving up to Welterweight fighting a guy like Cano would be a good first fight to see how he would do against bigger guys.

Cano is a overall good fighter and he has the skill set to upset Lucas.

I think if Lucas wanted to fight at Junior Welterweight I think the Herrera fight would be done but since he's moving up I think Provo vs Herrera or Gomez vs Herrera are back into play.

Comment

Cano has not won one name opponent. I guess it is a better fight for Lucas but I prefer the fight against Herrera

Comment

Glad Lucas changed his mind about retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Last week, BoxingScene.com reported that Lucas 'Machine' Matthysse was potentially going to face Mauricio "Maestro" Herrera as part of the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez's defense of the WBC middleweight world title against British superstar Amir 'King' Khan. The event is happening at the brand new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Click Here To Read More]

Many will disagree, but I think that this is a good fight for Matthyse, coming off a disappointing loss and moving up in weight. Also, it will likely be a good fight based on styles.

Personally I think Matthyse should stay at 140.

The result is no given either. Not overrating Cano, but the guy can fight, and we need to see where Matthyse is at mentally and physically now he has moved up to 147.

Comment

I quite like Cano. I actually think this is an ok fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Cano has not won one name opponent. I guess it is a better fight for Lucas but I prefer the fight against Herrera
                      I heard he defeated Ashley Theophane who is fighting Broner for a world title. I also heard he got robbed vs Paulie Malignaggi and gave ol' Sugars Shane a tough fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X