Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people still buy pay per view fights these days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    i hate dracula stream
    stream2watch can be good..

i stumbled upon this site.. streamup...
    its a bit weird, but they somtimes have a boxing stream up, if you can find a boxing stream their normaly in hd...
    wiziwig is back 2, but you must disable your ad block wich can be a pain
    Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out. I also forgot to mention the best one. www.streamsports.me very professional layout, best site I've come across so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
      When you can easily watch it for free using online streams? Last I checked, it's 2016....... not 1996.
      Because we love boxing and have the disposable income to afford a ppv. Plus boxing looks better from my big HD TV rather than a computer screen.

Comment

PPV is a super healthy system.

1 million buys could easily be translated to 5 million viewers. The average is difficult to tell depending on the household amount of guests, friends, families. Of course you have some bars hosting events etc...

A 50 dollar buy is actually very very reasonable unless you're broke and you live with your parents. Purchase it and others chip in with the alcohol, food, smoke...

However, I will say the standard, HD, or I guess future 4K PPV price differences are a bit funny. But it is what it is. get a job!

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          Because we love boxing and have the disposable income to afford a ppv. Plus boxing looks better from my big HD TV rather than a computer screen.
          computer can be hooked to the tv............

Comment

If you buy tickets for 2 for a major fight it will cost you around $400 at minimum.

Buying an $80 fight that many can see at the same time sounds like a bargain to me

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              Would you not just connect your computer/laptop/phone to your tv :\
              Just put a hdmi cable in and boom,no small screen and its on your "big hd tv"
              Or else wirelessly connect it to your tv or if you have a game console such as xbox one you can cast screen to your tv.......
              SMH what a waste of a "big hd tv" if you cant even use it properly

Comment

If it was 1996 we'd all have those black boxes that picked up free PPV, those things were great.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  If you buy tickets for 2 for a major fight it will cost you around $400 at minimum.

Buying an $80 fight that many can see at the same time sounds like a bargain to me
                  But I just said that online streams have progressed heavily these last 5 years, that there are some streams that have absolutely no lag and the streams don't get taken down like they used to 2 years ago.

A lot of them are even HD.

Get with the times, chief!

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
                    computer can be hooked to the tv............
                    It's unreliable especially if watching with company. If I'm by myself trying to catch a stream from USA and it's not on Boxnation I stream it.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                      If it was 1996 we'd all have those black boxes that picked up free PPV, those things were great.
                      yes they were! I didn't get one until I was 17, but I remember being 12-13 and watching the spice channel which was scrambled. I could hardly make out anything until one time the picture came in super clear for like 5 seconds and the dude was railing the living shyt out of this broad. I lost it that night!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X