Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Warriors: Boxers who won a world title fighting in their opponent's home country

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Warriors: Boxers who won a world title fighting in their opponent's home country

I have plenty of respect for courageous road warriors who win or defend a world title fighting in their opponent's home country.

Sergey Kovalev (the WBO from Cleverly in the UK, then the IBF and WBA from Hopkins in the USA)

James DeGale (IBF in the USA against the American boxer, Dirrell)

Terence Crawford (in the UK against the British boxer Burns)

Kell Brook (in the USA against Porter)

Who are some of the others?

Calzaghe beating hopkins

Lennox over tyson, evander

Daniel geale beating sturm

Comment

Roman Gonzalez over Yaegashi in Japan.

Bradley over Witter in the UK.
      Last edited by Public_Enemy; 05-24-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao won his first title, the WBC & Lineal Flyweight, in Chatchai Sasakul's home country of Thailand.

Comment

Steve Collins beat Chris Pyatt in the UK.

Primo Carnera beat Jack Sharkey in the USA.

Comment

Casimero against lazarte in argentina for the interim title. Drunk stupid argies started rioting and they hid casimero under the ring for his safety. It wasn't even a controversial decision win, lazarte got stopped. He then fought in mexico against guevarra who is now a titlist himself, for the real belt and won by decision. He also fought for interim against Canchila and stopped him, the guy is a real road warrior. I think he's sceduled to challenge Ruenroeng in thailand for the ibf title. He pretty much needs a ko or 5 kds in that fight to win, foreign fighters don't win decisions in thailand. Lol

Comment

Lloyd Honeyghan beating Donald Curry in America.
              Carl Thompson beating Rocchigiani in Germany.
              Last edited by Chrismart; 05-24-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Pedro Guevarra also won his title in japan. i think it was against yaegashi, stopped him with a left hook to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                  Pedro Guevarra also won his title in japan. i think it was against yaegashi, stopped him with a left hook to the body.
                  That was a good fight.

Comment

Sultan Ibragimov won his WBO heavyweight title against Shannon Briggs in Atlantic City.

Comment

Working...
                    X