Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your experience meeting boxing peeps thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've met many fighters over many years. Shook hands with Quarry, Foreman, and Vitali.

One of the nicest fighters I've met was Floyd Mayweather Jr. Really.

Not so nice was David Tua and Jeff Fenech.

Comment

Last December I met Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux and Joel Casamayor after the Rigo-Agbeko fight. My wife and I walked down the the fighter's entrance as they were doing the HBO post fight commentating and Rigo walked by and shook my hand. Ward was hanging around and taking pictures with fans, I got my picture taken with him and Lampley. Also saw Max Kellerman and even Larry Merchant but I didn't ask them for anything.

Ward was down to earth and took pictures with everyone, same with Lampley. Casamayor was walking back and forth looking lost but he was cool too. Stopped and shook my hand and took pictures and spoke to other fans. Lampley was cool, he took a picture with my wife. He was polite and courteous.

I spotted Roger outside of Boardwalk Hall before the fight. He was with only 3 other people and no one noticed him walk in but me. I walked up to him and asked if him for a photo and he didn't hesitate. Also complemented my wife when I was taking a picture with him and her.

Comment

Working...
      X