No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    Actually, that's the most un-American thing you could possibly say. The Constitution isn't some document you "either believe or you don't " and "you can't pick what works for you and ignore what doesn't"

Actually, that's EXACTLY what the forefather intended to happen. The Constitution isn't some document handed down by God himself, it's a document intended to change and be revised as times go on, **** it's already full of amendments as it is............hahahaha

There are plenty of things in the Constitution that should be changed, have been changed and should always be looked at to change because times change and that piece of paper does not.

The only reason that guns are such a part of our culture is because gun manufacturers have turned it into a billion dollar industry and are pushing it as some sort of God given right as an American and you dumbasses fall for it.

Money, money, money for blood.

that is very wrong, or at least only very marginally correct.
    there is and always has has been so much more to the ideology than that.

the stuff about the constitution is spot on. that b*tch is open for interpretation and inherently subjective

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      that is very wrong, or at least only very marginally correct.
      there is and always has has been so much more to the ideology than that.

the stuff about the constitution is spot on. that b*tch is open for interpretation and inherently subjective
      You may be right but that is a major part of it though. I know the gun nuts, I live in Florida and people are obsessed with guns here. If you even mention gun control they will tell you things like "You can pry it from my cold dead hands".

There is an inherit belief that we as Americans not only have the right to carry guns, but should carry guns and are itching for someone to try something so they can end someone's life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        What is this cuffing season? You don't own the woman dude, this ain't slavery.
        If your woman chose me then you should check that hoe.
        Don't get mad at me you should have took care of business.

You started the flirting by your post, if your scared don't do it, I might check the hoe if she was the one flirting. Your in America, take your chances.

Comment

I agree but that argument is lost. The pro gun people have won and we live in the wild west.

Yea but that logic is flawed as well. The saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is a bit naive. You can't walk into a school, university or work place and kill 30 people with a knife. Guns are on another level of killing machines.
          That logic may not make sense to you but it is perfectly reasonable. Can a gun stand up and shoot itself? Does it make decisions?
          The scope of capabilities may be a little higher that a sword but not more than an automobile.

Comment

That logic may not make sense to you but it is perfectly reasonable. Can a gun stand up and shoot itself? Does it make decisions?
            The scope of capabilities may be a little higher that a sword but not more than an automobile.
            Nukes can't detonate themselves either but let's not act like 1 nuke can't kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Guns are killing machines, nothing more.

Comment

Nukes can't detonate themselves either but let's not act like 1 nuke can't kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Guns are killing machines, nothing more.
              A nuke and a gun are not the same thing at all. A nuke is a weapon of mass destruction, once detonated it kills millions of people and remodels the landscape. A gun is a tool that can be used for a variety of different means, to hunt, to protect, to injure or to kill. One bullet can kill one person but one nuke can destroy a whole city.
              Guns are still used to hunt by thousands of people. You forget that many people still hunt and live off the land. Not everybody lives near a Wallmart.
              Even if they do there are some people who prefer to shoot, fish, and trap their own food. I have friends that go hunting or fishing every 2-3 weeks. To say that it is a killing machine and nothing more shows your own prejudice.
              Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

A nuke and a gun are not the same thing at all. A nuke is a weapon of mass destruction, once detonated it kills millions of people and remodels the landscape. A gun is a tool that can be used for a variety of different means, to hunt, to protect, to injure or to kill. One bullet can kill one person but one nuke can destroy a whole city.
                Gunsare still also used to hunt by thousands of people. You forget that many people still hunt and live off the land. Not everybody lives near a Wallmart.
                Even if they do there are some people who prefer to shoot, fish, and trap their own food. I have friends that go hunting or fishing every 2-3 weeks. To say that it is a killing machine and nothing more shows your own prejudice.
                They are also used for sport, recreation, entertainment and even in the olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  They are also used for sport, recreation, entertainment and even in the olympics.
                  What this guy said.

Comment

• So guns don't kill people, people kill people yet guns are created by people to kill people. The irony in that stupid quote.

Comment

• We have the right to own guns so if the british try to invade us again we can shoot them. In my part of the country your status in society is determined by how many guns you own. I have 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X