No announcement yet.

People who underestimate boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who underestimate boxing

Okay, I know people who does boxing might have someone in their lives who disses this sport. When other people who have absolutely no idea how hard boxing is, make hate comments and say that its the weakest sport in the history of martial arts, it seriously gets me irritated and frustrated as crazy. Even from 2 rounds of sparring you get really tired if you don't have the stamina, and these fools tell me that they can beat anyone who does boxing in a round just because they see a couple of mma fights and some rocky movies. Are there any people in your lives that underestimate the honorable sport of boxing? I don't know if this was the right category to ask in, but I really had to post this one up.

Just f**k them up one time.

Comment

Boxing has been an Olympic sport since 668 B.C. Boxing is called the Sweet Science for a reason. It's a game of Chess, and takes A LOT of skill to be great in it. I go to a Boxing/MMA gym Monday-Thursday and do it for the love of the sport. I don't discriminate against any other combat sports, because I have love for them ALL. Boxing isn't easy, it's no where NEAR easy, perfecting your technique and craft takes YEARS of hard work and dedication just like every other sport does. BUT you have an opposition trying to impose his technique and craft to your FACE and BODY, and different styles are there to make you continuously have to study the game....Boxing will never die, I'll always be a fan, and I'll keep training til my body says it's OVER!

Comment

Punch them in the face.

Comment

Yup, used to know a guy that said boxing was gay because it's "two sweaty guys hugging each other". I told him to come down to the gym with me and see how gay it is after, he never took me up on the offer though.

Comment

why even take them seriously? I wouldn't even talk to that kind of person

Comment

haha, yes.. there are many of guys. I eventually "fighted" with them as they constantly were challenging me. So we went in a park, we put on the gloves and fought. As they are my friends, I din't want to hurt them, so I only used the jab. Still, they were not able to touch me, and they eventually run out of gas in about 1 min(they were desperately throwing punches in order to hurt me). So I would say that you should take one of those and have some fun with him. He will never make fun of this sport again, and eventually will show you respect after you play with him for a couple of minutes.

Comment

People that are so ignorant like that just piss me off.

Comment

I have an ex pro NFL player in one of the gyms I train at. He said to me he's never worked this hard and had something BE so hard for him to learn and the guy is in excellent shape.

Boxing is no joke and the most beautiful, toughest sport on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    Yup, used to know a guy that said boxing was gay because it's "two sweaty guys hugging each other". I told him to come down to the gym with me and see how gay it is after, he never took me up on the offer though.
                    It's funny that i read your comment and look at the guys sig below you and see guys hugging each other, lol.

But yeah Boxing is a tough sport. People Can't put a boxer up with an MMA fighter that's ******ed. MMA fighters train different and fight differently, A boxer won't win a fight in a UFC match but an MMA fighter won't win a fight in a boxing match for sure. It's Dumb, and when people say it's a weak sport that's just a ****load of ignorance flying out there mouth, MMA has three rounds to 5 rounds, while almost in every case your takling about 12 for a boxer and althought those rounds are longer , boxer usualy end up fighting for logner periods of times, and MMa Fights are ended the moment someone stops defending themselves..... In boxing, for the most part, if your still moving your still able to fight.. And just to clear things up I'm not saying boxing is tougher then MMA because there's things boxers don't deal with like being kicked in the face or elbowed brutally while being layed out on the floor, and we don't have to be worried about being taken out by a silly submission.. but you get the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X