Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Golovkin-Canelo No Longer a Walkover, Very Competitive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I've always felt it was a competitive fight. GGG isn't as good as people make him out to be. And Canelo is a lot better than GGG's lil fanboys think he is. Its also a good style match-up. And what gets lost is the competition level both have faced. Canelo is a HUGE step up in class for GGG. GGG isn't even the best fighter Canelo has faced.
    Oh my!!!! Better go back to ballet boy.....better just stop right here.

Comment

it wasn't competitive before, but now that he beat a shot 140 pounder it is?

okay

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I've always felt it was a competitive fight. GGG isn't as good as people make him out to be. And Canelo is a lot better than GGG's lil fanboys think he is. Its also a good style match-up. And what gets lost is the competition level both have faced. Canelo is a HUGE step up in class for GGG. GGG isn't even the best fighter Canelo has faced.
        Resume wise I think we all agree that golovkin has nowhere near achieved a mayweather,Mosley or cotto resume that's never been the argument....but now we start he is if you judge it on fighters actually in there prime or per weight ..Mosley was way past it when canelo faced him..cotto was also on the downside of his career and was outweighed considerably by canelo come fight night, trout, angulo ,Lara have not achieved the resume of what triple GGG with the amount of defences he's accumulated and will no doubt break Hopkins record....golovkin is by far the most dangerous fight out there for canelo or any other fighter that competes as a middleweight ...u have to a ****** to think otherwise...ohh yeah it's ****king again lol

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
          it wasn't competitive before, but now that he beat a shot 140 pounder it is?

okay
          Roach Translation: Come back to me Amir, I'll make time for you now!

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
            said this before that im not a fan of either fighter but Golovkin will win that fight without much difficulty only problem is once he beats canelo whats left at 160? jacobs and saunders I guess wont be too bad for the resume but they aint huge fights he might have to move up after
            There is a boatload full of talent in the 154 lb division who most likely move up to make great fights example; Lara, Charlo brothers (Jermall & Jermell), Andrade, John Jackson & Trout... there is also @ 160 Chris Eubank Jr, & Quillin.

Comment

lol, the golovkids will discredit anyone who wont worship ggg...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                lol, the golovkids will discredit anyone who wont worship ggg...
                nah, it's just strange how THIS particular fight somehow changed his mind. It was AMIR fkn KHAN, FFS.

Comment

Canelo will beat GGG

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    Oh my!!!! Better go back to ballet boy.....better just stop right here.
                    I know he's unreal isn't he lol.....the man's demolished and systematically broken down almost every fighter he has faced as a pro and champion..he has been avoided by All other middlweights and has an amatuer record that is litterally unequalled by any past great in the middleweight history and we're talking anybody and yet this poster still thinks he's an overrated Eatern European who will get beat as soon as he meet a live contender...and so called lineal WBC middlweight champion is scared to death of facing him at the full middleweight 160lb limit....and yet this fool still talks about how overrated golovkin is lol

Comment

Say what you will. But one thing is clear. Canelo has faced much better competition that GGG. He's already solidified himself as a HOF. He has fought 3 HOF fighters in Mayweather, Cotto, and Mosley. He beat two of them. He has also faced some of the most difficult styles in boxing in his wins over Amir Khan, Lara, and Trout. Lara and Khan are both considered A level fighters and Trout was considered a A-/B+ fighter at the time when they fought. James Kirkland was a seek and destroy guy and got planted, so did Angulo. Canelo has simply fought higher class fights than GGG. And when they do fight, he will win.
                      Last edited by gabossboy; 05-11-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X