No announcement yet.

Algieri camp in talks with Arum for Pacquiao fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algieri camp in talks with Arum for Pacquiao fight

MANILA, Philippines – The camp of Chris Algieri had preliminary discussions with Top Rank boss Bob Arum regarding a possible clash with Manny Pacquiao, reports said Wednesday.

Algieri, who pulled off a surprising win against Russian slugger Ruslan Provodnikov over the weekend, has become one of the prime candidates for Pacquiao’s next fight in November.

Although he has a rematch clause for the Provodnikov fight, the now WBO junior welterweight champion can still fight in an interim bout, said his promoter Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing.

"They can exercise the rematch clause, but my interpretation is that it doesn't preclude me and our fighter from taking an interim,” explained DeGuardia in ******. “He's got three options, and one of them can be a rematch, and that doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be the first fight."

"I've already begun conversations with Top Rank about Pacquiao, and we'll see where that leads. I think that when all is said and done, marketability-wise, Chris Algieri has proven himself to be a tremendously marketable fighter."

Provodnikov decked Algieri twice in the first round, but the New Yorker was able to weather the storm and boxed his way to a split decision win over the Siberian Rocky.

Algieri is included in the short list of opponents being considered for Pacquiao. The others include Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez and Argentina’s Carlos Abregu.

If Arum fails to convince Marquez into a fifth fight with the Filipino superstar, Pacquiao might have to choose between Algieri and Abregu.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/06...pacquiao-fight

arum needs to retire or he needs to let go of pac from his clutches. these fights are the worst ever match-ups in the entire history of boxing.

not buying to these shits from arum.

This fight better not ****ing happen.

Comment

that's a big pile of sheiiit...200 thousand buys, won't be surprised if lower.

Comment

How long before the Manny fans tell me but but but hes fighting a slick fighter. Pacfraud still at it.

Comment

Well, that was quick. Why is this fight even being considered? What does Algieri have 20 fights?

Comment

I thought Arum was in the hospital getting his knee operated on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post

How long before the Manny fans tell me but but but hes fighting a slick fighter. Pacfraud still at it.
                look at this ****er ^^^^^^ he puts me on ignore... then post on my thread.

Comment

God I hope it doesn't happen.

Comment

I applaud you op for actually not hyping this fight up for once. Not sure why arum likes Algeri so much. He was talking about it before he even beat provo

Comment

Working...
                    X