Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa: I Wanted To Beat Solis Quicker Than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa at 126 would have destroyed Pacquiao at the same weight.

Pac is no doubt a cherry picker. Worse than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweezy316 View Post
      So wait a minute. You're telling me a Manny Pacquiao fan is going to Mayweather Jr's official website? Following him on twitter? Liking his facebook? Watching his youtube? Are you having an identity crisis? Are you a Manny Pacquiao fan or a Floyd Mayweather Jr fan? Seems to me that you're on Mayweather's nutz all day!!
      All the garbage he spews gets reposted here.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
        true, true. its a form of challenge if you think about it.
        I don't view this as a challenge. Gamboa knows that if he won, his performance would be compared to Pacquiao's performance. And to do better against Solis and dispatch him quicker makes headlines like this one. That, in turn, gets all the Pacquiao (and Mayweather) fans to read the article which gives more exposure to Gamboa. But I just can't see Gamboa campaigning at 140 or 147 lbs and I don't think Gamboa is looking that high as well, so his 'challenge' is more for a self promotional push than anything. And good for Gamboa, he needs this to get more popular which I think he deserves...

Comment

I've been a Gamboa supporter for some YEARS. However impressive as his victory was over solis, he still gets hit too cleanly for me. But I'm still riding with him.

Comment

Bring them all on and Gamboa will take them to the cleaners. Get on that bandwagon, because it's headed straight to the top.

Comment

Great fight by Gamboa, he totally outclassed Solis who had a winning streak prior to this fight.....

bring on JuanMa Lopez!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Bring them all on and Gamboa will take them to the cleaners. Get on that bandwagon, because it's headed straight to the top.
                if donaire moves to featherweight, i think donaire is jus as quick or maybe quicker and has better skills and technique than gamboa. gamboa looked reckless at times, and that recklessness will get him in trouble with someone slick, quick and skilled as donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by chinoy View Post
                  Great fight by Gamboa, he totally outclassed Solis who had a winning streak prior to this fight.....

bring on JuanMa Lopez!
                  even donaire wouldve outclassed a naturally bigger solis...solis looked very awkward and unimpressive lastnite.

Comment

solis was a tune-up fight for manny, there was no intension of knocking out solis at early rounds. not until a head butt opened a cut on manny, he started throwing power punches that floored and koed solis. the cut was bothering manny's vision that's why he decided ended the fight by ko.

it's true, gamboa is a beast, i wont be surprised if he will be compared with manny, he got speed and power as well but i don't think he is on pacquiao's level yet. perhaps, he is just inspired/motivated by manny. gamboa has the potential to be a boxing superstar in the future, imo.

Comment

Little basis for comparison. Solios was an undefeated fighter years ago when Pacquiao stopped him and Solis lost since to a so-so fighter.

Want to put alot on this Hagler fought a hard fought decison win over Marcos Geraldo. Then William Lee destroyed Geraldo in the first round. People that were new to boxing and didn't know any better were saying Lee was as good if not better...... til Hagler fought William Lee! Look it up!

Comment

Working...
                      X