No announcement yet.

unbreakable!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aspect View Post
    I try this method too when I go for an in fight.it is really hard(not to mention that I am an out fighter and a southpaw for that matter)I feel that I will loose my techniques when I go at infight and be more like a brawler type of boxer.though as much as possible I use counter punches. for my style I will loose much of my power when I go infight coz the reach of my lead hand will be shorten (coz it is my dominant one )

I dont remember if I saw a fight of pep before like you mention. does any body know who he is fighting that time? so I can search for it.

yeah roy jr. too but he is out of the spot light for now ,so I will go for floyd

winky was using peak a boo style same as tyson but instead of weaving he blocks it.in this case I go with tyson.but winky uses a type of side shoulder block and some elbow block too.not just blocking with his fore arms and curling/covering the body like most boxers do. if he add some more parry with it and some more combinations on his attacks ,he will not be too boring to watch anymore and may become exciting to watch for some boxing fans.
    very difficult task with the style.your constantly moving without a break

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
      It was always said that it was the Jackie Graves bout and I did a lot of research on that bout and found out that it did not happen. Their were no newspapers that stated it either.

I do agree that Pep was one of the Greatest boxers of all times, along with Robinson, Armstrong, Ali and Louis.
      Thats what the link on page1 said too. im not sayin ur a liar, because there seems to be evidence suggesting what ur saying is rite but beleive me when i tell u it happened. I saw it only a while ago on ESPN Classics i beleive.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
        tysons was really good. but hard to keep doing,he has 1 of the most tiring styles i have tried and seen.just the bobbing and weaving can take a toll on u
        I tried it too but got punched to ****! Not my style! How do u normally fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
          Thats what the link on page1 said too. im not sayin ur a liar, because there seems to be evidence suggesting what ur saying is rite but beleive me when i tell u it happened. I saw it only a while ago on ESPN Classics i beleive.
          I have every bout that was on film of Willie Pep and I never seen it. I met Pep many years ago and he introduced me to his wife, who was a lot younger then he was.

He will be missed by everyone!

Comment

I have every bout that was on film of Willie Pep and I never seen it. I met Pep many years ago and he introduced me to his wife, who was a lot younger then he was.

U cant have them all

Comment

He will be missed. U sound like u know alot more about pep than me, ive only seen a handfull of his fights but i def seen that round man

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
                He will be missed. U sound like u know alot more about pep than me, ive only seen a handfull of his fights but i def seen that round man
                Yes, I met Pep several times. I have been the President of the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame for 21 years and their Historian for several year more.

During that time, I met and even introduced many all time Greats as Ali, Frazier, Pep, Saddler, Griffith, Holyfield, etc. Several weeks ago I had to go to the Grand Central Station and for over 3 hours, I had to introduce the Klitschko's, Brock and Ali's daughter.

When they had the Ring Book Encyclopedia, I fixed over 2000 boxer records, including over 200 World Champions. I use to go through the Newspaper micro-films for years.

As far as films go, I have ALMOST all of them! My wife keeps telling me, where are you going to put them. I also have several World Championship Belts, including a copy of the John L. Sullivan Belt. I also have old boxing gloves that go back before 1900, Sonny Liston's gloves when he fought my friend Chuck Wepner, Tony Riccio's gloves when he fought Sugar Ray Robinson, I have a speed bag that Marciano used, ticket stubs that go back before 1900, including several world title bouts. I also have a poster of the Dempsey-Tunney bout and I lot more.

Comment

Yes, I met Pep several times. I have been the President of the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame for 21 years and their Historian for several year more.

During that time, I met and even introduced many all time Greats as Ali, Frazier, Pep, Saddler, Griffith, Holyfield, etc. Several weeks ago I had to go to the Grand Central Station and for over 3 hours, I had to introduce the Klitschko's, Brock and Ali's daughter.

When they had the Ring Book Encyclopedia, I fixed over 2000 boxer records, including over 200 World Champions. I use to go through the Newspaper micro-films for years.

As far as films go, I have ALMOST all of them! My wife keeps telling me, where are you going to put them. I also have several World Championship Belts, including a copy of the John L. Sullivan Belt. I also have old boxing gloves that go back before 1900, Sonny Liston's gloves when he fought my friend Chuck Wepner, Tony Riccio's gloves when he fought Sugar Ray Robinson, I have a speed bag that Marciano used, ticket stubs that go back before 1900, including several world title bouts. I also have a poster of the Dempsey-Tunney bout and I lot more.
                  Impressive collection. I'd love to have a job that has to do with Boxing more so it's history.

Comment

Hello hhascup,

It's great to have a new member such as yourself who clearly loves boxing and has been around the sport for many years.

One question, what is Wepner like? He always appeared to me to be a pretty likeable, funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubutheimmortal View Post
                      Impressive collection. I'd love to have a job that has to do with Boxing more so it's history.
                      Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
                      Hello hhascup,

It's great to have a new member such as yourself who clearly loves boxing and has been around the sport for many years.

One question, what is Wepner like? He always appeared to me to be a pretty likeable, funny guy.

Wepner is the life of any party. He is always making everyone laugh. When I saw him last week at a Ring #8 affair he and his wife came over and talked me and my wife. Frazier, Cooney, Griffith, Antuofermo, LaPorte, Boom Boom Mancini, Norton, Barkley, Bert Sugar, were among those in attendance.

At the dinner, Wepner came over and took pictures with everyone and pointed to me and said, here's a guy that does more for the boxers then anyone he knows. He also said that I was one of the most knowledgeable people in all of boxing. He really made me feel pretty good.

I also know many boxing judges including Harold Lederman, who also says the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X