Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
    "Powder"

A movie about an Albino boy/man that was born under harsh circumstance when his mother was pregnant and struck by lightning she died he didnt. Due to this he has developed extremely fast and his brain development is far beyond anyones in the history of mankind. He is misunderstood and people fear him because he is different. This movie is very good and heart felt I have seen it many times before and still enjoy watching it over and over as I did again last night.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Great movie...I remember watching it as a kid and loving it. I should probably rewatch it sometime.

Comment

• "The Insider"

This movie stars Al Pacino and Russell Crowe and was nominated for 7 oscars. It's a movie based on a true story with some ficticious material added in for dramatic effect. Russell Crowe stars as an ex leading scientist for a major tobacco company who gets fired for no apparent reason as his ex boss claims but he found something out and decides to speak up. Al Pacino stars as the 60 Minutes Producer trying to get the story and soon realizes what happens to people trying to speak up about big tobacco. Filled with drama some good thriller/action points and a great story overall, definitely deserved the Oscar bids it got.

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10

Comment

• "Serpico"

This movie is based on a true story and one of Al Pacino's best rolls. He stars a real life Cop Frank Serpico and his struggle trying to stop the corruption that is offered to him in the police force and the things that go on when one good cop tries to speak up and get the corruption fixed. Great film very deep, has some good action, and the cast did a great job portraying their individual roles.

Rocco Rating 9 out of 10

Comment

• "Babel"

Well another pick for the lady from netflix and I have yet to get a movie that she picked out thats been any good.

So this is a movie that intertwines 4 stories of 4 different groups of people into one for more than 2 and a half hours. It stars brad pitt and Cate Blanchet as a married couple on vacation in Morocco their nanny who is watching their kids while they were gone, a young asian deaf girl dealing with rejection from boys, and a family in Morocco who purchased a gun that accidentily shoots at a tour bus going by hitting Cate Blanchet.

Movie was far too long, very boring, way to many subtitles. This movie was way over rated and should have never won an Oscar.

Rocco Rating 5 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
            "The Insider"

This movie stars Al Pacino and Russell Crowe and was nominated for 7 oscars. It's a movie based on a true story with some ficticious material added in for dramatic effect. Russell Crowe stars as an ex leading scientist for a major tobacco company who gets fired for no apparent reason as his ex boss claims but he found something out and decides to speak up. Al Pacino stars as the 60 Minutes Producer trying to get the story and soon realizes what happens to people trying to speak up about big tobacco. Filled with drama some good thriller/action points and a great story overall, definitely deserved the Oscar bids it got.

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10
            Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
            "Babel"

Well another pick for the lady from netflix and I have yet to get a movie that she picked out thats been any good.

So this is a movie that intertwines 4 stories of 4 different groups of people into one for more than 2 and a half hours. It stars brad pitt and Cate Blanchet as a married couple on vacation in Morocco their nanny who is watching their kids while they were gone, a young asian deaf girl dealing with rejection from boys, and a family in Morocco who purchased a gun that accidentily shoots at a tour bus going by hitting Cate Blanchet.

Movie was far too long, very boring, way to many subtitles. This movie was way over rated and should have never won an Oscar.

Rocco Rating 5 out of 10
            Al Pachino is ****in amazing in The Insider. One of the most believeable performances ive ever seen.

I liked Babel.
            It was unusual, and i didnt know how it was going to end. It goes quite deep. Kind of a downer overall.

I always watch films in parts so it didint seem too long for me.

Comment

• "The Anderson Platoon"

This is a documentary that was made during the film makers 6 week stay in Vietnam with a platoon that was run by Sgt. Anderson in 1966 on a seek and destroy mission. This documentary is 100 % raw and real footage no upclose interviews, no talking about the events that happened with clips of Vietnam it is from start to finish a mix of things that went on throughout the 6 week stay with the Platoon. There is very little commentary in this film only the occassional They are here on this mission......fotage. Because it is so raw and real the sound quality is not the greatest, the filming isnt the greatest and done in Black and White but for 1966 a guy with a camera in battle the filming isnt going to be. Overall this was an interesting documentary, I would have liked to maybe hear a bit more about the people but the way it was so made and so real makes it the way documentaries should always be made.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Has anyone watched that film Devil which just came out recently probably going out to the cinema this weekend.

Comment

• "Spy Game"

So I just finished Spy Game it stars Brad Pitt and Robert Redford in this espionage/thriller. Robert Redford is on the verge of retiring from the CIA and on his final day he finds out his close friend and former protege is captured in China and being held and sentenced to die in the next 24 hours. When everyone writes him off Redford goes out of his way using the things he taught Pitt through the years to get him out of there alive.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• "The Horsemen"

Movie starring Dennis Quaid as a detective for the police force who is struggling to keep his relationshipwith his kids together after he lost his wife and mother of his kids to cancer a while before. When now he is brought into this case that involves a seriel killer that uses the bible as ways to kill.

Movie was pretty good it was in the horror section on netflix but it was more of a suspense/thriller and at points gave a few things away but in the end threw you for a loop.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "Commune"

Documentary made about the group of people who started the commune in the late 60's where the motto was free land for free people on an 80 acre ranch in northern california. It reflects on the thinking of the people then and now and how things have changed but yet people still live there with the same mind set.

Rocco Rating 5 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X