No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas Autobiography

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas Autobiography

Just wondering if any of you have ever read it. I am currently in the midst of reading it and let me just say I would have never expected so much turbulence in Teddy's life. He is a role model to everyone as someone who has persevered despite numerous setbacks which could have easily derailed and hampered not just his career in boxing, but also his personal life outside of boxing. Kudos to Teddy for realizing his full potential and his god given ability to become a teacher/ambassador of the sweet science.

haven't read it yet, what does he say about Tyson and Moorer?

Comment

Haven't read that far into it yet but from what I've read thus far Cus was one heck of an influential person, not just in boxing but outside of it as well, he respected his boxers as men not just as boxers. He established honest, loyal relationships with them, which in turn made them give everything they had in the ring.

The book is quite philosophical because he tries to relay much of what he experienced into what he tries to preach to a boxer in training. It is quite unique because he's basically saying that the knowledge a boxer knows inside of the ring is a result of learning that boxer has done outside of the ring just by going through life struggles. I never really looked at boxing in that sense, it's very introspective.

Comment

Working...
      X