No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
    Not sure what a win for Rios would do for him considering Gamboa is moving two weight classes to fight him?

For Gamboa however beating Rios and especially in a spectacular fashion should move up the ranks and possibly on the Top 7-10 spot P4P..

I like both fighters aggressive fighting styles. Definitely expect fireworks.
    Rios is moving up one weight-class.

Comment

• Rios weight might be a factor, Gamboa cand box him to a UD if Brandon comes in as a walking dead. But i still think that Rios will walk through Gamboas punches, stalk him and stop him by the 8th rd. Any bets? PM me.

Comment

• This fight isnt gonna happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Where'd you get that pic of Ismael, bro? Looks like you took it on your cell....
          It was actually on a tablet (Motorola Xoom) in front of his house, a couple days before him leaving to Japan for the Kazuto Ioka v Oleydong Sithsamerchai Wbc minimum weight title fight.
          Salas and his wife and little Kikichan are dear friends.lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
            That's fine, they might have a better idea than any of us. Does that mean I can't give my opinion on who I would favor on a fight? Also, hence why I said it would be a toss up just to save the argument.
            You have every right to offer your opinion on who you favor in a fight. Trouble is, that's not what you and I have been discussing....

Comment

• Originally posted by damit305 View Post
              It was actually on a tablet (Motorola Xoom) in front of his house, a couple days before him leaving to Japan for the Kazuto Ioka v Oleydong Sithsamerchai Wbc minimum weight title fight.
              Salas and his wife and little Kikichan are dear friends.lol
              Real cool, bro! ¡Bien chévere!

Comment

You have every right to offer your opinion on who you favor in a fight. Trouble is, that's not what you and I have been discussing....
                Of course, you were the one who started changing the argument of If my opinion is one way then why is Rios in his team doing another. Like if I can answer that. And, again it is why I said it was a toss up to begin with just so I wouldn't get any dumbass questions about my opinion.

Our argument was if Rios will be healthy making 135. My statement still stands that we won't know until fight time. He can be the bigger stronger guy or just as easily be the weaker guy where he is a walking dead man. Which won't benefit him against Gamboa.

Comment

Real cool, bro! ¡Bien chévere!
                  Salas is a great guy, underrated trainer in my opinion. While with Gamboa, he offered Yuri 'readiness' from not a only a physical standpoint but mental. It's a shame he isn't training Gamboa anymore, but I also have much respect for Gamboa in deciding to go with E. Steward (Ohner's decision) which I hope will help elevate his career.

Comment

• I really think that Gamboa is hophing/gambling that Rios will be weak and slow, but it's gonna backfire cause even a weak Rios is gonna break the little guy down.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                      Yes Rios belongs at 140. It will be harder going down than up. Rios would might very well be weak in making the weight.
                      Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      It's been well-publicized that Brandon is now using a nutritionist to make weight. According to a recent article here on Boxingscene, Rios stated something along the lines of feeling good while dropping weight, unlike in the past. It might still be hard on him, but Brandon isn't going to come into this fight a zombie, like his last fight.
                      Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                      You right. Not like fighters have said that before.
                      Well, if it's not true, there's really no reason for him to say anything. He might feel differently about it later, but I believe it now. I've lost a lot of weight in the past. The weakness really only sets in when you're pushing the envelope. The real test will be in the final days when Rios is getting close to making weight. For now, I have to believe that Brandon lost weight way too quickly in the past and it therefore affected his strength quickly.
                      Not sure who would have exposed him. Perhaps maybe Bradley and that it. After that Rios against anyone at 140 is a toss up.

Also that's fine. I don't want to read anything coming from you about any fighter, whoever it is, winning because their opponent was weight drained.

If being weight drained is not a big deal coo, then cool don't use it as an excuse against other fighters wins.
                      Basically you're saying that 140 would've been highly competitive for Brandon, while he was a champion at 135. That's my point. Being weight-drained is obviously weakening, but fighters do it to gain other advantages. Obviously it's worked for Rios; he's 29-0-1, with 22 KOs. That's a lot of knockouts for a guy that's always too weak to fight.
                      Honestly I think he beats anyone at 140 besides Bradley. I just said toss up to save the argument.

Yes he has been slimming down to 135. But, that catches up to you and it hurts. His last fight, kinds of prove it.

Now he can make it with no problem. But, he can have a problem. No one knows yet. I don't know why everyone is acting like if Gamboa is the only one taking a risk and that the weight will affect him. While Rios is taking the risk and the weight could affect.

But, I actually know why. For as many that say Rios is hype. Twice the amount hypes up Gamboa.
                      So, if everyone but Bradley is so easy, why is Brandon killing himself to make 135? If Rios is taking a risk, there's a reason for it.

I don't think Brandon is a hype-job. He's a brawling monster. Everyone, including his fans, know that he's more of a tough-guy than a boxer. But they love that about him. Frankly, there's an appeal to it.

I don't think Yuri is a hype-job, either. Gamboa is as fast as they come, skilled, athletic, explosive and hard-punching. Do you disagree with any of that? I'll even give you the oft-repeated accusation that he's "chinny" (not that I necessarily agree). Yuri is still one of the most electrifying fighters in the sport.
                      The way I understand it, your position is that Rios fights in a weakened state and a Gamboa victory therefore wouldn't really mean that much. My response, essentially, is that Brandon has willingly drained himself in order to take advantage of his superior size at the lighter weights. If he was so weak, he wouldn't have had so much success.

Now, please respond to the bold.

Comment

Working...
                      X