Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Who Will Stand Up For Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post
    Actually, I corresponded with a Showtime spokesman, who went and double-checked and confirmed that Matthysse was 163.5.

Thanks for your comment, though.

-David
    Holy ****? His muscle density must be inhuman...and to rehydrate to that? I'm still skeptical. Night of weigh-ins are with clothes, correct? What the hell was he wearing, a spacesuit?

Comment

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
      Holy ****? His muscle density must be inhuman...and to rehydrate to that? I'm still skeptical. Night of weigh-ins are with clothes, correct? What the hell was he wearing, a spacesuit?
      big ass cargo pants packed with amino 4500's in each pocket, and a backpack full of more bottles. dude is serious about that stuff.

Comment

If I wanted to get into a fighters head I might pull something like wearing some track suit bottoms at weigh in and wear some leg weights or something. That's plausible but I wouldn't do it against the Dallas's of this world where I don't really need a mental edge.

Comment

Every body talking about Dallas??but who is Dallas???a guy with poor record 19-3-8 haha really!! oh Danny so scare ?Dallas was nothing but a tune up

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Matys

I can't believe that, he definitely didn't look like this and he has never weighed in at even close to 160 pounds. I didn't notice commentators to say anything about this huge factor and they always notice such things, so i assume they had it different in their notes.

It was impossible, he was 25 pounds heavier than in official weigh in.

I completely understand your disbelief — I was, and am, in complete disbelief as well. But that's why I did my due diligence and touched base with the Showtime folks on site. It's a ridiculous figure.

Take care, and thanks again.
            -David
            Did this people explain to you if he was clothed or whatnot? Were these people you talked to present at the weigh in? If nobody gets every detail about this we will have to wait till his next fight.

As for who will stand up for Matthysse its hard to say. Its hard to say if GBP really cares about Lucas or not. He just headlined in Vegas but look who the hell he was fighting. GBP has a history of treating fighters who are a potential threat to their cashcows like ****. Look how they have treated Lara so far. At this point Matthysse needs the WBC's help to force the fight but Garcia can always vacate. But we know how reliable the WBC could be. Matthysse might have to take the Martinez route and just keep fighting while being vocal about it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Lucas looks good. I highly doubt if Danny is "scared" of him though. We throw that word around a little too much and coming in at 163 means you're a freakin middleweight. Might as well start calling out Golovkin or someone big and dangerous enough to force a bigger spotlight on himself, because who says Danny is garunteed to beat Zab?

Comment

i heard in matthysses corner he was at 153 not 163lb.!!!!!!!!"##

typing error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  How can you even begin to defend Danny right now? I was rooting for him against Judah but now he backed out of that fight too. He claims to have a rib injury, and others say it's his thumb. His own sparring partner accused him of lying about his "injury" which apparently was unheard of until Matthysse knocked Dallas out.

Danny Garcia is scared of Lucas, and he will duck him.
                  looks like your'e right

Comment

is Canelo fighting his mandatory this year????o more of the same??

Comment

Danny vs Judath is not cancel??postpones understand

Comment

Working...
                      X