Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Not in Favor of Martinez-Floyd Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Califas View Post
    No, he did not.

Reported for trying to spread false information.
    LOL. He came in the ring at either 145 lbs, or 147 lbs. Since Jeff Mayweather said 147 lbs. Either way, he came into the fight as a Welterweight, rather than a Jr. Middleweight fighter.

Comment

• Canelo or Bradley??? seriously???

Comment

• "If Sergio Martinez can make 150, let’s make the fight happen. Like I said, there are no excuses," said Mayweather. "I’m a little different than other guys. He’s got a very, very impressive style. But like I said before, my main focus is a Manny Pacquiao fight."
        He fought De La Hoya at 154 before Cotto. Think even Floyd knows Martinez is a problem.
        Last edited by GRUSTLER; 09-19-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Floyd/Martinez is a fight that can be made. Period. If at a catchweight, so be it. But it can absolutely be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            LOL. He came in the ring at either 145 lbs, or 147 lbs. Since Jeff Mayweather said 147 lbs. Either way, he came into the fight as a Welterweight, rather than a Jr. Middleweight fighter.
            He did NOT come in at 147.

HBO's weight said 151 or 152. STOP spreading false information.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              He fought De La Hoya at 154 before Cotto. Think even Floyd knows Martinez is a problem.
              Yet he says in the same quote, "there are no excuses". Well, if there are no excuses, why not fight him at the full 154 weight limit? I do know he was just taking Sergio at his word, but I think Floyd has more honor than that. The same guy who's always harping on about how nobody gives him credit, yet he's gonna fight at a catch-weight? Doubt that, Floyd ain't that stupid.

BUT, if Floyd is gonna play stupid, more reason for Martinez to go down to 154, kick Canelo's ass and pick up his WBC belt.

Comment

• whatever. my only gripe is this whole 'he can make 140' thing, why bury yourself with another story when you can just say, Martinez is too big (or what have you) and move on, it's not that big a deal. Floyd made it abundantly clear he's not making 144 for Marquez (3 YEARS ago at that), why even talk about Floyd being a junior welterweight today?

Floyd is straight, Canelo should fight Cotto, if he wins, Floyd vs Canelo would be a good fight. Martinez is in a tough position, but maybe HBO coughs up the money to see him fight Golovkin (and he doesn't even have to drop any weight)? 2 mil., or say 500k extra to whatever he got versus Chavez...

Comment

• "Floyd can make 140"

so why didn't he fight Hatton, Judah and Marquez there? yeah we already know.

He won't fight Martinez either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                    whatever. my only gripe is this whole 'he can make 140' thing, why bury yourself with another story when you can just say, Martinez is too big (or what have you) and move on, it's not that big a deal. Floyd made it abundantly clear he's not making 144 for Marquez (3 YEARS ago at that), why even talk about Floyd being a junior welterweight today?

Floyd is straight, Canelo should fight Cotto, if he wins, Floyd vs Canelo would be a good fight. Martinez is in a tough position, but maybe HBO coughs up the money to see him fight Golovkin (and he doesn't even have to drop any weight)? 2 mil., or say 500k extra to whatever he got versus Chavez...
                    Golovkin should fight Chavez or Geale, and the winner fights Martinez. GGG's name just doesn't ring bells yet, they should put him on the Cotto/Trout undercard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                      Pac and mayweather are basically the same size. Same fight night weight, same walking around weight, actually pac may walk around slightly heavier. Only 2 inches height difference. They are the same. Yet Floyd is taking heat for not fighting Martinez and pac isn't taking any. Like I said, double standards. And I never said you called Floyd a duck so now you are putting words into my mouth. I was merely making reference to what the general t.a.r.d.s on this site say.
                      Floyd is 2 inches taller and got the longer reach. Manny is a lil dude and after Sergio put Paul Williams on a stretcher he said that when asked about Pacquiao but think his adviser tried to clean it up later by telling him to call Manny Pacquiao out. Sergio Martinez would decease Pacquiao. It would be an onslaught. Floyd and Pac don't have enough power to keep Sergio modest in the ring. Martinez took a punch from a cruiser weight size Middle Weight, got up and kept fighting. I think Floyd is a great fighter but I have to lean towards Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X