No announcement yet.

Good read: Why your data is worth $104 billion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
    i just had this conversation with my grandfather-in-law. he's a religious guy talking about chips being implanted in us etc etc....

i set my iphone on the table and said, thats pointless, we voluntarily carry our own.

granted not everyone but there are so many who are ignorant to how much data they give up and how much it is actually utilized.

oh frogs!!!
    The way I look at it is you can't stop it because people do make the decision to WILLINGLY give info.
    Using personally identifable information is a big crime and the Department of Justice does prosecute, but the evil is there for those to do.

What is really private anymore? Ur thoughts I guess.

People say way too much online. Esp unemployed people, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      The way I look at it is you can't stop it because people do make the decision to WILLINGLY give info.
      Using personally identifable information is a big crime and the Department of Justice does prosecute, but the evil is there for those to do.

agreed.... why force people when you can get their consent.

honestly, none of this stuff bothers me too much.... if it wasnt for govt!

google does amazing things and is one of the best entrepeneur examples of all time, constantly evolving and finding better ways to satisfy their consumers but the fact that govt can say "hand it over" at ANY TIME is what i dont like

Comment

agreed.... why force people when you can get their consent.

honestly, none of this stuff bothers me too much.... if it wasnt for govt!

google does amazing things and is one of the best entrepeneur examples of all time, constantly evolving and finding better ways to satisfy their consumers but the fact that govt can say "hand it over" at ANY TIME is what i dont like

Yeah, any word from the gov and all the major engines and providers willing give up anything they have on any user.

They use it for national threats and security things but I can see how liberal use of it would be really ugly and invasive.

Comment

just browsing your facebook page for 2 min. here is what i found out...

you love the bears and the bulls.

you travel a lot.

been to lawrenceville,nj.

you're not sure about how you really feel about tua.

you don't like the lakers but was rooting for them last night because you hate okc.

you're a very giving person.

you're white. sorry bout that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post

you travel a lot.

you don't like the lakers but was rooting for them last night because you hate okc.

hey blackass!!!

Comment

hey blackass!!!

Comment

you travel a lot.

Yup.

Though taking it a step further though, think of what your bank, doctor, and the government as well as your insurance company know about you and they really don't even have to go online to find that.

Man, hacking the government db's would be a scary fricking thing. or just think medical records. man.

Comment

Yup.

Though taking it a step further though, think of what your bank, doctor, and the government as well as your insurance company know about you and they really don't even have to go online to find that.

Man, hacking the government db's would be a scary fricking thing. or just think medical records. man.
                  yes yes and yes!

even the big govt libs are nervous of this

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...tacenter/all/1

Comment

Yup.

both you and vet are making me think hard about dumping my friendster.

Comment

both you and vet are making me think hard about dumping my friendster.
                      i still have my friendster stock from when they went public

waiting on a return there!

Comment

Working...
                      X