No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    The fact that every Mayweather fight is on PPV is a problem. Ortiz was not a PPV-caliber opponent, neither is Guerrero, neither is Canelo. The other problem is, casual fans will still happily eat what is force-fed to them. They'll see a young red-headed Mexican fighter with a 41-0 undefeated record and assume that because Floyd is fighting him, then that means he's earned it or that Canelo is on his level.
    Ppv is not about talent and skill. Its about who puts asses in seats. All the fellas you named are high drama fighters who pose one dimensional threats to Floyd but they have or had fan bases support. How many of Tyson's rights were really PPV caliber ? Not many. He sold on his name alone. Honestly tell me that you wouldnt buy a Canelo/Mayweather fight if you have the money to spare. If not then I humbly bow out and you're one of the few.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      Ppv is not about talent and skill. Its about who puts asses in seats. All the fellas you named are high drama fighters who pose one dimensional threats to Floyd but they have or had fan bases support. How many of Tyson's rights were really PPV caliber ? Not many. He sold on his name alone. Honestly tell me that you wouldnt buy a Canelo/Mayweather fight if you have the money to spare. If not then I humbly bow out and you're one of the few.
      Why on earth would someone buy a ppv event because ginger can putt asses in seats?? Without thinking about talent or skill?? I will not support such a bogus event.

Dunn said keep winning lol. Yeah right. We got plenty a those, they never got a shot at the ppv king.

Comment

• I think the only broken record is Schaefer constantly saying every Mayweather PPV will break records. Why not just say "It's going to be a huge event" which it will / would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Why on earth would someone buy a ppv event because ginger can putt asses in seats?? Without thinking about talent or skill?? I will not support such a bogus event.

Dunn said keep winning lol. Yeah right. We got plenty a those, they never got a shot at the ppv king.
          There's one thing you probably didn't consider. In order for this fight to happen Canelo would have to beat Trout in may. If he beats Trout and he will, you will watch so get off that high horse. How are you gonna discuss it if you don't watch. At least refute some of what I said with a counter argument. Not "I don't like it". That sounds like a kid who doesn't want to eat his veggies.

Comment

There's one thing you probably didn't consider. In order for this fight to happen Canelo would have to beat Trout in may. If he beats Trout and he will, you will watch so get off that high horse. How are you gonna discuss it if you don't watch. At least refute some of what I said with a counter argument. Not "I don't like it". That sounds like a kid who doesn't want to eat his veggies.
            It hasn't been officially announced yet that Canelo is fighting Trout. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              We could be one step away from a big pay-per-view showdown between junior middleweight champions Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The two fighters are slated to return on the same date, May 4th, but in separate fights at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
              ...its possible..I guess!!

I don't rate Nelo but alot of dudes on here do for whatever reason...so I guess Floyd gets a ton of credit from you cats after he schools the kid...but you dudes will hate him more for the abuse the kid will get...and in yall hearts yall know I'm right(in my young Cassius voice)

Comment

If ginger mans up & signs the Trout fight come on & holla. I'll take your bank to my bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHA!!! Manny aint no easy fight for Floyd, even AFTER The KO loss to Juan! Or else Floyd would have fought him! Floyd got stung by Mosley, and Cotto's slow azz landed so many left hands! I think Manny would have caused allot of VIOLENCE to Floyd! You say I would make excuses if Floyd wins! Man Im a Floyd fan, Im the only one here who knows boxing enough, to give him credit for beating Robert, if he does beat him! When this fight was first being talked about, everyone was saying, "Floyd is cherrypicking" You guys just dont know boxing! Before the Pac KO loss, I felt this fight was harder for Floyd than Pac, but even though Pac got stopped, he looked WAAAY better against Juan, than his last 3 fights! What more can I say man, I just know my boxing.
                  I'm not even trying to get into with you. Once you said that even the KO'd version of Manny still will be a problem for Mayweather that's when I knew you were full of it. Manny could not beat a guy he fought 4 times and had way more experience at WW then Marquez had. They chose Marquez for the fight at 144 because they thought he was out of his league because of the way Floyd made him look but it back fired. Even Pacquiao said he underestimated Marquez cause he was smaller and Manny was beating bigger guys.

Freddie Roach has always voiced concerns over Mayweather's style compared to Manny's in a potential fight, so I'll take his word over yours any day. You don't know squat. Roach and Manny ducked Mosley after he beat Margarito and fought Cotto at a catch weight but ducked Cotto twice because Cotto didn't want to do another catch weight. Floyd made Marquez look like a deer caught in head lights while Pacquiao has struggled with him part of his whole professional career.

Manny walked away from the negotiations in 2009 because of The cut off date but then went on to talk about in interviews how he didn't like giving blood too close to the fight and Floyd wanted it as an advantage. I know how politics works in business and to say Floyd didn't want the fight shows there is no reason to even talk to you about it because you are ignorant to the facts and what has been revealed in the media and by Bob Arum himself. Whatever the case is. Marquez could have potentially finished Pacquiao career with that KO and that's the reality of it.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

Because talent is in the eye of the buyer, not us on boxing scene. Canelo has plenty of talent, it just hasn't been applied against the best opposition. We as diehards understand that. But its just like teenage girls that loved ODH. Do they know boxing "talent". Probably not. But they watched.

In todays world, there is so much competition for TV viewers that when you can attract an audience, no matter what demographic, you become a valuable commodity. Canelo and Broner have that going right now.

In many ways the ability to draw an audience is as valuable as a granite chin or fast hands or one punch KO power in professional boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Because talent is in the eye of the buyer, not us on boxing scene. Canelo has plenty of talent, it just hasn't been applied against the best opposition. We as diehards understand that. But its just like teenage girls that loved ODH. Do they know boxing "talent". Probably not. But they watched.

In todays world, there is so much competition for TV viewers that when you can attract an audience, no matter what demographic, you become a valuable commodity. Canelo and Broner have that going right now.

In many ways the ability to draw an audience is as valuable as a granite chin or fast hands or one punch KO power in professional boxing.
                      do you really want to see mayweather vs canelo dunn?

Comment

Working...
                      X