Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to be honest (or real) about Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect Floyd's talent and work ethic as well as his desire to handle his own career. However, and I've said this before, he's not a fight fan's fighter to me. I'm certainly not a fan. Now I don't wish he would have never fought. That's ridiculous to me. I don't wish that about any fighter. I appreciate him making boxing more mainstream I guess, but I don't care if people want to say it's dead or if they want to talk about it on ESPN. For me, boxing will carry on without a hiccup. Some will miss him. Some won't. That's just how it is.

My question is, how will Floyd handle it? How will he be when the big money stops rolling in, and he's out of the limelight? I wish him the best. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MK4R32 View Post
      He could've fought the best available possible (in their prime) but he chose not to. That hurt the sport a bit; Floyd would've most likely beat them too, but a prime Pac vs Floyd is a 50/50 fight and I still give Pac a great shot at beating Floyd now.

I do believe Pac is still a bit quicker.
      If we all agree Pac was to blame for the 2009 negotiations, why do we always blame mayweather for not fighting him in his prime? find ure next reason to hate buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
        If we all agree Pac was to blame for the 2009 negotiations, why do we always blame mayweather for not fighting him in his prime? find ure next reason to hate buddy.
        Who's "T.B.E."? We'll never know, will we?

Comment

x Floyd has been a blessing to the sport of boxing, Vegas/American Economy.
          x Floyd Fight Generates $$ for businesses, transport, accommodation, gambling + more.
          x Fighters and trainers recognize his greatness and inspired to teach up and comers.
          x Others paved the way for him. Well he paved the way for the next PPV Star to try break his records and bring more spectator/exposure/fans to the sport.

Any Boxer that's broken records/made history and dedicates their whole life to the sport always deserved to have laced up!

Floyd is good for boxing, Anyone says otherwise doesn't support the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by milkroot View Post
            Who's "T.B.E."? We'll never know, will we?
            T.B.E can be recognized with facts/numbers, plus/minus, achievements/records.

I can safely recognize T.B.E of my era just by watching them box "skills" just like i can watch Ronaldinho or Messi of Barcelona of my Era and recognize "skills".

its looking at the individual themselves, rather than ... who you beat and who lost to - too many negative variables (i.e weight/past prime/lucky punch)
            Last edited by [T][B][E]; 04-24-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

x Floyd has been a blessing to the sport of boxing, Vegas/American Economy.
              x Floyd Fight Generates $$ for businesses, transport, accommodation, gambling + more.
              x Fighters and trainers recognize his greatness and inspired to teach up and comers.
              x Others paved the way for him. Well he paved the way for the next PPV Star to try break his records and bring more spectator/exposure/fans to the sport.

Any Boxer that's broken records/made history and dedicates their whole life to the sport always deserved to have laced up!

Floyd is good for boxing, Anyone says otherwise doesn't support the sport.
              Oscar de la Hoya did all this what your trying to say is "floyd the richest" no ones gives a fuk about how much money he has.. do you feel everyone has to worship bill gates or jay z and beyonce just because there also rich and richer than the fraud

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                Oscar de la Hoya did all this what your trying to say is "floyd the richest" no ones gives a fuk about how much money he has.. do you feel everyone has to worship bill gates or jay z and beyonce just because there also rich and richer than the fraud
                Oscar was good for boxing too. and your point?

I think about more spectators/more audiences/more exposure for the sport.
                You choose to think about money! Money! Money!.... the hate is so sad
                Last edited by [T][B][E]; 04-24-2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Oscar was good for boxing too. and your point?

I think about more spectators/more audiences/more exposure for the sport.
                  You choose to think about money! Money! Money!.... the hate is so sad
                  bob arum - TBE according to your logic

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                    bob arum - TBE according to your logic
                    Of my Era? Nah Bob is Falling hard, TBE promotions goes to GoldenBoy they can hold relationships.
                    Last edited by [T][B][E]; 04-24-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                      Floyd added a new dynamic into the boxing world today. He became the antagonist and portrayed the antagonist very well. He became the epitome of the boxing-money maker. He was one of (if not the first) first boxers to take control of their finances and really steer the direction of his career, rather than letting his handlers do it for him.

I think he's set an example for other boxers to have more autonomy- and for that I'm glad he's experienced the success that he has and has influenced he sport in the way that he has.
                      pretty sure Ali did that first, Duran also played the antagonist,then tyson also played the antagonist.. Mayorga was a way better antagonist, he would at least mix it up in the ring.

and Oscar was the first dude to take control of his finances

Comment

Working...
                      X