No announcement yet.

No love for Mares-Ponce De Leon fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    I have been seeing alot of threads and videos posted on almost all the fighters on the May Day card other than Abner Mares and Ponce De Leon fight. Is there something going on that theres no coverage on either fighter?? I think Mares is a good fighter but I think the move up to 126 to fight Ponce De Leon is going to be a mistake or there must be something Team Mares and Golden Boy Promotions know on why this fight is so easy for Mares.

The title fight would be for the WBC featherweight belt which I think Ponce currently holds. Out of all 3 fights on the card, I think this fight will deliver. Ponce has been on a 3 fight winning streak ever since losing to Gamboa and Broner which are the elite oppositions at 126 so I think he shouldnt struggle with Mares especially if you see the size difference on both fighters. If Mares wins and beats PDL does he go for a Rigodeaux or Donaire fight at 126 or does he go back down to unify all the belts at 122 vs Rigodeaux??

So who wins this all Mexican slugfest???
    I love this fight, best co feature in a long long time.

Comment

I completely agreed with the analysis in this video.

Comment

should be a fun fight... don't think a war tho ... mares will smother pdl punches wins a decision but will get buzzed in the middle rounds .. ponce sometimes throws one punch at a time it's his downfall but mares just a smaller man will fight in the inside .. i dont think think he has enough pop at 126 to really hurt ponce but who knows ... great fight .. mares one of the few fighters that you cant hate on

Comment

It amazes me how Mares don't get any hype.

Comment

Mares gets 0 credit period.

People were talking about how he was going to lose to moreno & how moreno is top 10 p4p, too slick etc etc.

Mares beats him, people said moreno was a bum. Anything to discredit Abner.

Can't wait for Saturday after Mares becomes the 126 WBC champion

Comment

I agree fight isn't getting enough burn. Mares is a stud! Hope he wins. Should be a great fight.

Comment

i think this fight will be the fight of the night

Comment

I got Mares by a close decision in this war.

Comment

Mares has shown he can adjust to any style, De Leon is akward but kinda basic. I think Abner UD's him, and if he does, the guy has a P4P resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X