Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewkowicz: "Sergio Martinez is fine, retirement uncertain."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he may not of injured them as it were but that doesn't mean they were under him. His movement right from the first bell was terrible and he had literally no strength in his legs at all.

props to cotto for doing what needed to be done but lets not pretend he beat the martinez that fought chavez or pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Don't bother bruh, people are gonna believe what they want. There's not enough cold-cut proof in the world for you to convince some of these ignoramus'. In fact Martinez could go up to a podium in front of NSB users and they would call him a liar. I gave up.
      The issue is that boxers are known to have a great ego and often are delusional regarding their own physical decline. There's a reason so many greats hang on far too long. I respect Sergio for not making excuses but sometimes you have to put things into perspective and also use the eye test.

With all that being said, Cotto handled his business.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
        The issue is that boxers are known to have a great ego and often are delusional regarding their own physical decline. There's a reason so many greats hang on far too long. I respect Sergio for not making excuses but sometimes you have to put things into perspective and also use the eye test.

With all that being said, Cotto handled his business.
        the eye test = bias & butt hurt losers.

you have to put EVERYTHING in prospective. not just A eye test because what you thought you saw could have easily been a result of something else. now was martinez 100%? no. but when has martinez been 100%? against one of his biggest wins in chavez he wasn't 100%.

the thing is if you strictly go by the "eye" test it will result in personal bias (you see what you want to see) it results in ignoring the shot that put sergio on queer street for the entire fight (his own words) & blaming it on knee pain. the eye test lets you ignore medical documents & vital information.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

you have to put EVERYTHING in prospective. not just A eye test because what you thought you saw could have easily been a result of something else. now was martinez 100%? no. but when has martinez been 100%? against one of his biggest wins in chavez he wasn't 100%.

the thing is if you strictly go by the "eye" test it will result in personal bias (you see what you want to see) it results in ignoring the shot that put sergio on queer street for the entire fight (his own words) & blaming it on knee pain. the eye test lets you ignore medical documents & vital information.
          The issue you seem to have is that you feel it has to be one way or another and there's no grey area. I personally had no horse in the race but to act as if a 39 year old fighter coming off multiple knee surgeries, a hand surgery and 14 month layoff was what he once or always was is a bit ridiculous. We've all watched boxing long enough to have seen this story before. Now granted, there probably are some pro Serg or anti Cotto contingent who are really laying it on thick about Serg's injury to downplay Cotto's accomplishment but I feel it's a mixture of various variables that resulted in the outcome and we all should be able to weigh them objectively without slighting either fighter.

Comment

What the hell? That things reads like a description of a severe concussion. But he says "only a broken nose" GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              so martinez is suppose to perform the same way he did 2-3 years ago??? do u understand that a fighter age as time goes by? add that in with his prior injuries and u get a subpar martinez.
              No I'm not naive enough to expect him to perform like a young martinez.

But I'm intelligent enough to watch & see a fighter that has a HUGE range of motion problems with his knees.

I'm not even a fan of Martinez I just don't like barefaced lies like Cotto is some sort of 2nd coming of Tyson when the truth is....

He beat a cripple.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

I doubt you even know what the word 'perspective' means.

How's this for persepective. After the Chavez Jr fight, it was public knowledge Sergio suffered a knee and hand injury. Going into the Murray fight, where Sergio looked god awful, the Team Martinez camp further admitted that Martinez was damaged goods going into the fight and would undergo another 2 knee surgeries at the age of 40.

Less than 8 months before the Cotto fight Martinez was telling the public he could barely walk with crutches. Now less than half a year in, the Cotto fight has been signed. And Martinez begins training.

You Cottotards actually believe that in 6 months Martinez at the age of 40, he can go from barely able to walk to fighting in a championship fight.

A guy who's trademark style is explosive in and out movements....which requires good legs.

Hmmm i wonder if it's because Martinez's knees are shot or it's because Cotto managed to find the elixir of youth with Freddie Roach.

Comment

Working...
                X