Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Rigo's resistance to Left hook? A KO waiting to Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo is a tough fighter but he hasn't seen a fighter like Nonito Donaire. Nonito has so many different skills in the ring, he will be too much for Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I have an opinon which I think is not going to be popular here but I truly feel like it's true.

The main reason we haven't seen more Cuban fighters be great pro's is obviously because of communism and the fact they can't make it out of Cuba but when they do, still very few become GREAT pro's.

I think it's because of the Cuban style which I hate. I respect it, think it's phenomenal for the Olympics and international amateur circuit but not made for the pro's.

Weight on you're back foot style, touch and don't be touched just doesn't bode well in the 12 round fight

I think Rigo is going to move and box, but he can't do that for 12 rounds and the speed of Donaire and power is going to catch up to him. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a late KO by Donaire.
      Yeah, the communists developed a system of fighting that evolved into a very effective formula for Olympic-style boxing. In the early days of Cuban Olympic success, our fighters still displayed some of the remnants of the old-time Cuban greats. As Olympic boxing progressed (or should I say regressed?), the Cubans adjusted to the changes to maintain their dominance. Olympic boxing has become a shadow of it's former self (hopefully the coming rule changes will restore some of its past glory). Cuban fighters, being limited to amateur boxing, have suffered the most damage when a handful of our best prospects manage to escape communism and turn pro. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
        That was not a shot to the the chin it was a temple shot but there is no question he wobbled. I see the fight going 2 ways Rigo showing Donair up with his vastly superior boxing skills or Donair landing a heavy left hook in the first 4 rounds and then finishing him off. My money is on Rigo.This is why this is such an interesting fight because it can go 2 ways. If Rigo can survive the first 5 rounds I think the fight is his.
        Yeah, the consensus seems to be that if Donaire wins, it'll be by KO; if Rigo wins, it'll be on the cards. My concern is for Guillermo's punch resistance (surprise, surprise). Twelve rounds is a long time not to get hit with something telling. Nonetheless, I see Nonito as only a slight favorite. I have a very high regard for Rigondeaux's skill and talent. This is an intriguing fight, one I think many fans will be pleased with.

Comment

Oh wow you mean to tell me he got hit 2-3 times over a 12 round period?

Donaire gets hit 60 times that every fight.

Keep banking on the left hook, its all you have and all Donaire has for that matter. ''bu-b--b-but he dropped an inactive 74yr old Nishioka with a straight right''

Comment

Rigondeaux is faster than Donaire, hes more precise, he has power in both hands, some of the most accurate sickening bodyshots in the game. Donaire is going to get hit. Can he take Rigondeaux's bodyshots especially? Hes been hurt by a lot lesser fighters to the body before.

Works two ways doesn't it?

I'll take the guy superior in just about every area than a guy banking on landing a hail Mary left hook anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Keep banking on the left hook, its all you have and all Donaire has for that matter. '
              I can see Rigo countering that telegraphed over cooked fully loaded left hook. When Donair throws it he continues to rotate way after impact turning his back on his opponent and I can see Rigo landing an nice big thump on the back of his head when he does this.

Comment

Oh wow you mean to tell me he got hit 2-3 times over a 12 round period?

Rigondeaux is faster than Donaire, hes more precise, he has power in both hands, some of the most accurate sickening bodyshots in the game. Donaire is going to get hit. Can he take Rigondeaux's bodyshots especially? Hes been hurt by a lot lesser fighters to the body before.

Works two ways doesn't it?

I'll take the guy superior in just about every area than a guy banking on landing a hail Mary left hook anyday.
                One good left hook from Donaire can end Rigo's night. I don't think they're "Hail Marys." But your point is well taken: Nonito gets hit a lot, and Rigo has power himself. All those shots Guillermo is bound to land are going to take their toll. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  One good left hook from Donaire can end Rigo's night. I don't think they're "Hail Marys." But your point is well taken: Nonito gets hit a lot, and Rigo has power himself. All those shots Guillermo is bound to land are going to take their toll. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.
                  This is why this is such a great fight. It is a make or break fight for both fighters. My only concern is that the fight actually happens because I am not 100% convinced we are going to see it after all the BS and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                    This is why this is such a great fight. It is a make or break fight for both fighters. My only concern is that the fight actually happens because I am not 100% convinced we are going to see it after all the BS and carry on.
                    The press conference is scheduled for today. We should be good if it comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

No disputing he has a potent left hook but most of these guys have ran face first into it, doubling the impact.
                      Against Arce it was almost as if he purposely let him hit him. As if to say ''lets get this over with so I can collect my retirement cheque''
                      We seen Narvaez take his left hook away. Mathebula outboxed him for most part. Vasquez Jr had a lot of success.

He has no jab. Hes simply for most part against guys who come forward without a care in the world for defense.

I think hes a good fighter don't get me wrong but hes a product of careful matchmaking.

Comment

Working...
                      X