Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Timing Was Not Right For Amir Khan Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Timing Was Not Right For Amir Khan Bout

Retired former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs) said the "timing" was not right for a pay-per-view fight with British star Amir Khan (31-3, 19KOs).

Khan chased after Mayweather for several years, but he was always passed over in favor of other fighters.

[Click Here To Read More]

But the timing was right to make the Berto fight? Piss off!

Comment

floyd did not beat maidana "decisively" ..and if the "timing" wasn't right for khan, how was it ever right for ortiz, berto and guerrero? khan is better than all three of them combined.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Lol, of course it was. He was 38 years old and just came off a Pacquiao fight of the century, he needed a Berto fight.

Comment

took a crap fight against Berto instead........

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
            floyd did not beat maidana "decisively" ..and if the "timing" wasn't right for khan, how was it ever right for ortiz, berto and guerrero? khan is better than all three of them combined.
            Ortiz had just come off of a fight of the year performance and he was the WBC champion dum ass, Floyd wanted that belt. A mexican champion who just came off of the fight of the year performance, of course the timing was right.

Guerrero was his mandatory. Funny how yawl complain that Floyd never fights his mandatories (even though he's usually unifying titles in two divisions when he doesn't) and then when he does fight his mandatory, he cherry picking doe. Lol, yawl are clowns.

I can understand the Berto criticism, though I think that was a troll move on his part, seems like he was just tryna troll everyone, especially Amir Khan considering Karim Mayfield and Berto are his stable mates.

Having said that however, Khan should not be excused for the fight not happening. Because Mayweather was busy winning and unifying titles the whole time (Ortiz, Maidana, Canelo, Pacquiao, Cotto), and when he wasn't he was fighting pound for pound listed fighters (Marquez and Mosley).

When Floyd was busy schooling Marquez, the HBO commentators were very critical and spoke about the fact that Floyd was fighting smaller guys (Hatton and Marquez consecutively), actively ignoring how much bigger Baldomir (walked around at 181 pounds and was 162 on fight night) and Oscar Dela Hoya were, and that Judah was the same size as Floyd.

Jim Lampey then posed a question, who is the biggest challenge for Floyd at welterweight? The HBO cast, including Emanuel Stewart, Larry Merchant, and Max Kellerman, all unanimously agreed that any permutation between Pacquiao, Floyd, and Mosley would be the biggest and toughest fight at welterweight. They especially agreed that they wanted Floyd to fight Mosley coz they wanted to see him against full fledged welterweight.

Guess what happened. Floyd called their bluff and fought Mosley in his very next fight. Then the fools complained that Mosley was too old. WTF is that ****? Emanuel Stewart is the only one who was smart enough to realise how much saying that would expose him, and admitted that he couldn't complain given that that was the best fight he thought was available for Floyd apart from Pacquiao.

So anyway, back to the point, what was Amir doing all this time that Floyd was fighting all these ATGs, world champions, pound for pound top 5 rankers, and mandatories?

Nothing, he was literally doing nothing. That's why the timing was never right. When Floyd made the Pac fight, Khan had a chance to make the Brook fight and get that IBF belt and pay per view status. Instead he chose to fight freaken Algieri and expected Floyd to give him a shot after that ****, just so they can criticise Floyd when he schools him and say..."but who has Amir Khan beat anyway?"

The timing will be right if Amir beats Canelo and Floyd comes out of retirement, that happens then there will be no excuses. Amir will have finally done something worthy of Floyd's attention. It's sad when Berto has done more than Amir Khan at welterweight, that was Floyd's point when he took the Berto fight in case you missed it.

Comment

floyd has 2 bad fights as far as im concerned since becoming a huge name
              the ghost and berto

there is logical boxing reason to fight them, but
              there are understandable reasons behind them
              he just did jail time prior to the ghost fight..just a basic tune up..even freddie roach stated that he would understand if floyd wanted to tune up after that...

and the berto fight is understandable bc it was his kissing the ring fight basically..just a fight to leave the sport..of course he could have went out with a bigger bang, but he's been banging for 20 years now...so he just got it over with..

besides that i like the ortiz fight..hell he was one of my fave fighters and he was mean with floyd..he got wat he deserved but it was a nice fight while it lasted...

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                prime ortiz would knock khan spark out lol...
                go ahead and call him a quiter...but i bet u khan couldnt make the prime ortiz quit..
                peterson made khan basically quit
                while ortiz and peterson went through an unforgettable war when everyone was crying about ortiz being a quitter

quiters dont have battles with a rioded berto and win...that is all im saying
                khan is a clown that has no decisive wins except devon alexander

Comment

i wish i could see prime ortiz vs khan's b1tch ass...
                  i bet you ortiz would be a hell of a fight for thurman prior to the jaw injury
                  and i think he would beat porter as well

surely would have favored him over canelo during the time the planned on fight..hell canelo was getting tagged by an old mosley..
                  yall dont get wat a jewel we lost in ortiz to that jaw injury..
                  the man could fight and he could talk and he would get it on with the best

he had something to prove bc ppl said he was a quiter so wat did he do..
                  he went to war with peterson who is a solid puncher at 140 and went up in weight and war'd it out with a monster puncher in berto at 147...

QUITERS DONT DO THAT!
                  i dont know about you but im not fighting witha freaking broken jaw..simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Khan pulled himself out of the September date, due to feeling that he couldn't be properlay prepared in time for the date after Ramadan, remember?

Comment

Working...
                    X