Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Hoipkins can't elude punches like he used to
    he doesn't have legs
    he looked better against sloppy guys like Pavlik, Joe, and Pascal
    Dawson won't be standing there to be hit back after he lands
    as the slower man, Hopkins won't be dictating the pace
    Dawson is too much for Hopkins at this point
    Hopkins won't land many combinations, Dawson won't allow it
    Footwork, you will see Hopkins closing in on Chad's right side and mugging him, getting off consistently. My money(real money) is on Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Bhopreign showing us again why he is one of the least respected members of this forum.
      Tune in Sept. 17th to see Floyd dethrone another hopeless Mexican.

Comment

im not sayin nothin bout this fight.

I'm just gonna order it and watch two of my fav fighters do work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          Tune in Sept. 17th to see Floyd dethrone another hopeless Mexican.
          Good for Floyd. Still doesn't change the fact that your boxing knowledge is laughable. Remember how MIA you were after Cal beat Hopkins? You were so confident and arrogant it would be vice versa. I don't blame you for going Swayze.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Good for Floyd. Still doesn't change the fact that your boxing knowledge is laughable. Remember how MIA you were after Cal beat Hopkins? You were so confident and arrogant it would be vice versa. I don't blame you for going Swayze.
            What are you talking about? Mia? Show me any posts concerning Hopkins and Calzaghe of mine. I dont come on anymore because too many people dont know boxing.

Comment

He's certainly not going to dominate, because Hopkins just isn't that guy anymore. If he can't dominate Pascal, he won't dominate Dawson.

Dawson's behavior so far, the way he's reacted to the preliminary trash talk worries me. He should win this fight, but if he is mentally fragile in the ring he will lose. Hopkins takes full advantage of weak mentalities.

Comment

No he won't, Dawson has a very deep skillset. He'll be competitive. Styles make fights. Dawson will loose to overwhelming activity easily, but B-Hop doesn't fight like that. B-Hop actually fights at a pace that Dawson preffers, that's why this fight will be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  Footwork, you will see Hopkins closing in on Chad's right side and mugging him, getting off consistently. My money(real money) is on Hopkins.
                  Unless Hopkins is a speed demon, his footwork won't be effective against Dawson. Just because Dawson is a converted southpaw doesn't mean he can't use his left hand or he has bad footwork. He has shown plenty of times that he has good footwork (see fight against Adamek, Tarver I, and the Glen Johnson fights). I think you are underestimating Dawson, if you think he can be easily hit from the right side. Dawson can use both hands effectively.

And Dawson is nothing like Ortiz. Ortiz hardly uses his jab, he just bullrushes an opponent.
                  Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-13-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
                    im not sayin nothin bout this fight.

I'm just gonna order it and watch two of my fav fighters do work.
                    I agree with this.

Both guys have the tools to beat one another, it's whoever executes their gameplan better on the night that will take it.

Comment

this won't be an easy fight for nard...dawson has all the tools that has been hopkins krytonite since he lost his 2nd fight....hopkins knows it...he knew chad was high risk/no reward when chad was calling him out years ago...i guess i can't be mad at him for holding out and making it a high risk/high reward fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X