Fox Sports: Mayweather must speak up soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Sports: Mayweather must speak up soon

Foxsports (7-17-2010):

Until Mayweather speaks up, it will be perceived that he is balking at the deal. For whatever reason, be it the upcoming trial of his trainer and uncle Roger Mayweather or his possible desire to get this payday in 2011 for tax purposes, now Floyd has some explaining to do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...eadline-071710

should Floyd break his silence and explain why he doesn't want to fight Pacquiao?

Originally posted by bongwater View Post

Foxsports (7-17-2010):

Until Mayweather speaks up, it will be perceived that he is balking at the deal. For whatever reason, be it the upcoming trial of his trainer and uncle Roger Mayweather or his possible desire to get this payday in 2011 for tax purposes, now Floyd has some explaining to do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...eadline-071710

should Floyd break his silence and explain why he doesn't want to fight Pacquiao?
    Yeah he should, we all want to know whats gone off and its unfair to just take Arums word for it for obvious reasons, if Floyd says nothing his reputation takes a hit, regardless of what the fair people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
      Yeah he should, we all want to know whats gone off and its unfair to just take Arums word for it for obvious reasons, if Floyd says nothing his reputation takes a hit, regardless of what the fair people think.
      i agree with this. and it just looks bad since in the past hes said he took fights because guys bad mouthed him (hatton, marquez) and now the media and everyone else is calling him out and the silence is maddening. Hopefully he makes some kind of official statement.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
        i agree with this. and it just looks bad since in the past hes said he took fights because guys bad mouthed him (hatton, marquez) and now the media and everyone else is calling him out and the silence is maddening. Hopefully he makes some kind of official statement.
        Difference is, this time it's a guy that will knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
          I mean we don't know what these terms are that Arum says was agreed on, hes lied once already and he lied in January and people were saying the same thing until Floyd disputed it days later. But, with all the stuff that has gone off, and the negoatiations sound a bit wierd to me... Floyd still needs to say something at least in the next couple of days... the fair people will continue to think what they are thinking, but the haters and the casual fans wont be like this, they will just start to hate him more or turn on him and it aint good for his reputation, he needs to say at least something.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty07 View Post
            Difference is, this time it's a guy that will knock him out.
            Well thats your opinion, I think he decisions Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
              Well thats your opinion, I think he decisions Manny.
              He needs to fight him first to do that.

Comment

Why is the Media OK with Floyd fighting a smaller guy? I thought they wanted him to retire and not fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
                  Why is the Media OK with Floyd fighting a smaller guy? I thought they wanted him to retire and not fight.
                  haha........

Comment

No offense but that`s a pretty dum question.Do you expect us to say:"Nah well just wait to we meet Floyd in our Afterlife then he could explain himself"

Comment

Working...
                    X