Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the hype for Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alvarez/Khan pretty much gobbled all the attention of the boxing world. As the fight gets closer, people will start talking about Thurman/Porter again.

Comment

Fight doesn't need hype. It's a fight that should happen and shouldn't be treated as a gift to the fans.

Fights like Thurman/Porter should be happening regularly but instead they marinate too long and are being built up as mini-super fights when they aren't.

Comment

This is the best fight signed for the 1st qtr of 2016. I would like to see a press event for this. I would like to see CBS advertise during some of their bigger shows once we get to March.

Given what I've been reading, this might be a make or break fight for Haymon/PBC/SHowtime.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
            Its nearly march and the buzz this fight is generating almost nonexistent it got overshadowed by the Canelo x Khan fight. its sad that its probably more competitive and exciting than khan x canelo.
            Oddly I think there was more hype about this fight before it was signed. Now that its signed, no one really cares but there has been a couple big announcements since it was made so maybe in a couple weeks things will reignite.

Comment

Its nearly march and the buzz this fight is generating almost nonexistent it got overshadowed by the Canelo x Khan fight. its sad that its probably more competitive and exciting than khan x canelo.
              I think it's partly because there's too much respect between Thurman and Porter, they are too buddy-buddy when they're together, so it's Kenny doing all the talking if you know what I mean. Also, it's a 50-50 fight in many people's eyes whereas a lot of people see Khan as the prohibitive underdog which makes the Canelo fight a much more exciting prospect on paper to see if Khan can overcome those odds.

But I'm looking forward to Thurman/Porter, should be a good scrap as long as they don't make it overly respectful like Pac vs Mosley, touching gloves every few rounds and it then turns into almost a glorified sparring session. See, that's the problem, you sense there's a risk something like that might happen. If there was a genuine grudge there then this fight would be blowing up big.

Comment

I'm super hyped. Hope it's an exciting fight where us boxing fans can be pleased by their performances.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  People has lifes outside boxing and getting too excited about a fight that is still weeks from happening is not good. Personally I prefer to get excited about fights that are happening in the next days and not those that keep me ansious for weeks, because I have to work and study.
                  How do you plan getting excited about anything?

Sure, the closer the fights approaches your buzz is increasing, but you don't just wake up on a day of weigh in and say: 'All right, now I can start getting excited'.

Comment

Attach their names to Khan and see how the buzz would be, the hype/buzz would pick up leading up to the fight.

Comment

Pbc ain't promoting much cuz they broke, mark my words they're not matching up much this year at all lets c if they survive

Comment

Working...
                      X