No announcement yet.

"Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is stupid to turn down $5 million"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    I can agree to that, but Kessler was certainly worn down, he didn't stick around after cuz he knew he was limited to beating fringe World level guys, he was finished at top level & thats when Carl got to him.
    Worn down by what? He didn't stick around because he couldn't get the payday he was looking for which was a 3rd fight with Froch. I had Froch winning the first fight too as did many and it could have gone to him if it wasn't in Denmark.

You make it out like Kessler dominated the first fight and Froch waited until he got old which is again disingenuous and typical of a Khanturd with a vendetta.

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    MAB was shot, no question, but Khan fought him as a prospect coming off (Fa.gan was't much of a win) what potentially ended his career in eyes of many (including even me) is what makes it worth something.
    It's worth absolutely nothing and it's not even worth mentioning. That added to the fact that it was ended after 4 rounds to give Khan a cheap victory on a head clash. I don't know why you'd be proud of that result.

Collazo is certainly equal to Johnson, now before you laugh hear me out, Glen's win over Tarver is better than anything Luis has done, which isn't much, but it is the timing of when they landed Khan/Froch is what makes those wins equal.

The Cloud fight was not an issue, but the first Dawson bout where he was screwed was 3 yrs before Froch. He was clearly outpointed in the rematch. Green (vs Glen) was himself coming off a loss. He was an okay win.
    What do you mean the Cloud fight was not an issue? I had Johnson winning that fight. He was still competing with several top level fighters whereas Luis Collazo was a recovering alcoholic who was losing to guys like Freddy Hernanez. Not equal at all.

Froch ducked Groves, he was more than happy to run away with that sham win, but his hand was forced by Groves by appealing to IBF, now George should get credit for that, in fact he should've won Promoter of the Year for it. Carl turned down a fight with Calzaghe before he became a mandatory.

Its not over rated, but people think beating Groves is some sort of a legacy maker, while he was only a contender with his best win being a green Degale, which he won in a razor sharp, though fair decision.
    What an absolutely laughable thing to say about a guy he fought and beat twice

Froch wasn't forced to do dick. He dropped the IBF title after beating Groves so it didn't really matter what Groves did with his whinging to the IBF. Froch chose to fight him again and knocked him clean out. Froch avenged a win whereas Khan has yet to avenge any of his losses.

No one calls Groves a "legacy making" win. More like icing on the cake of a great career.

How is the Calzaghe point relevant? Froch was the mandatory and Joe vacated the belts.

Pascal and Dirrell were also contenders, Andre still is and that fight could be given to Dirrell if it wasn't in Nottingham.
    The Algieri fight could have been given to Chris if Khan wasn't the name fighter. And Algieri isn't anywhere close to being as talented as Andre Dirrell.

That's a prime example of where a champion on Khan's resume is clearly not as good as a contender on Froch's.

Also another example of where Froch fought a style not suited to him whereas Khan handpicked what he thought would be an easy style for him whilst ducking better opponents.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 12-07-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Khan fought everybody at 140 lbs, win/lose, one guy needed roids to win a close decision, he was ducked by Bradley and JMM.
      No he didn't. And the best guy he fought knocked him out in 4 rounds

Getting wiped out by nobodies happens to the best of them
      Khan is not "one of the best of them".

Khan's career is still active, so his legacy is yet to be determined.
      Yeah and he's got a hell of a lot to do to get it anywhere near Froch's.

Comment

• How can you talk up Devon Alexander then in the next post go on about somebody getting spanked everytime they step up?

Comment

• And finally Box-Office, can you at least be honest enough to admit that your deep-seated vendetta against Carl Froch is purely based on the fact that you're a diehard Khan fan who was upset by some of the things that he said about Amir?

I mean this has been a somewhat reasoned debate but let's not pretend that you're being totally objective here.

It's no coincidence that all the Khanturds here have it in for Froch

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            And finally Box-Office, can you at least be honest enough to admit that your deep-seated vendetta against Carl Froch is purely based on the fact that you're a diehard Khan fan who was upset by some of the things that he said about Amir?

I mean this has been a somewhat reasoned debate but let's not pretend that you're being totally objective here.

It's no coincidence that all the Khanturds here have it in for Froch
            Its been reasoned cuz for some reason you've been on your good behavior, must've been the $ you won on Fury. Yes, its been a great exchange let's keep it that way instead of getting in to a pointless argument, which is more than likely to get personal. Been there done that.

Comment

Worn down by what? He didn't stick around because he couldn't get the payday he was looking for which was a 3rd fight with Froch. I had Froch winning the first fight too as did many and it could have gone to him if it wasn't in Denmark.

You make it out like Kessler dominated the first fight and Froch waited until he got old which is again disingenuous and typical of a Khanturd with a vendetta.
              It was a close fight, if Froch was in England it could've gone his way, but Froch lost fair and square.

No, he didn't plan for Kessler to get old, but when he did got him Mikkel was done at the top level. That's how it looks. Froch wanted him really bad asap, I'm aware of that.

He was looking to cash out, what else does it mean? He wanted a big pay day from Froch, win/lose it would've been worth it.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              It's worth absolutely nothing and it's not even worth mentioning. That added to the fact that it was ended after 4 rounds to give Khan a cheap victory on a head clash. I don't know why you'd be proud of that result.
              Vs Froch no I wouldn't say so.

What do you mean the Cloud fight was not an issue? I had Johnson winning that fight. He was still competing with several top level fighters whereas Luis Collazo was a recovering alcoholic who was losing to guys like Freddy Hernanez. Not equal at all.

and losing. Collazo's career had promotional problems where he wasn't getting any meaningful fights. Im not saying he would've won them.

You make a deal out of Allan Green, but Collazo beat a better fighter in Ortiz, a former champ with a name on his record (for what its worth).

Hernandez was 3 yrs before Khan who btw was coming off challenging for a title.

Johnson had losses to Freddy Hernandez level opposition in his prime, worse. Still a okay win.

What an absolutely laughable thing to say about a guy he fought and beat twice

Froch wasn't forced to do dick. He dropped the IBF title after beating Groves so it didn't really matter what Groves did with his whinging to the IBF. Froch chose to fight him again and knocked him clean out. Froch avenged a win whereas Khan has yet to avenge any of his losses.

No one calls Groves a "legacy making" win. More like icing on the cake of a great career.
              That's the key. AFTER Groves. How is that relevant to Carl's behavior prior to Groves 2? He dropped it cuz Chavez Jr Vegas dream was ended due to Fonfara.

"wasn't forced to do dick". You're denying reality on the ground.

How is the Calzaghe point relevant? Froch was the mandatory and Joe vacated the belts.
              Froch turned down Calzaghe when Warren offered them to fight as Joe's voluntary.

The Algieri fight could have been given to Chris if Khan wasn't the name fighter. And Algieri isn't anywhere close to being as talented as Andre Dirrell.

That's a prime example of where a champion on Khan's resume is clearly not as good as a contender on Froch's.
              One started boxing since he could walk the other in his early 20s with 0 amateur, one still hasn't done anything of note the other needed only 20 bouts to capture a proper World title vs a name. Talent is intangible, accomplishments are not.

Remember, for me Khan is an over achiever, I never called him elite, ever, he can get dropped in every fight for all I care as long as he wins.

Also another example of where Froch fought a style not suited to him whereas Khan handpicked what he thought would be an easy style for him whilst ducking better opponents.
              Froch was locked in to a tournament. He had to fight whoever was thrown to him.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 12-08-2015, 12:32 AM.

Comment

No he didn't. And the best guy he fought knocked him out in 4 rounds
                Ummm, who is missing?

Khan is not "one of the best of them".
                Strawman.

Did Froch even win a round vs Ward? There is a track record of greats getting sparked by bums, so can't be too bad if it happens to Khan, I know Wlad got dominated, but losing every round to a cripple?

Yeah and he's got a hell of a lot to do to get it anywhere near Froch's.
                May be, may be not.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 12-08-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

It was a close fight, if Froch was in England it could've gone his way, but Froch lost fair and square.
                  The point is they fought two closely contested fights where neither man looked faded either time. Froch was just clearly the better man second time around.

One could make the argument that Froch's preparations for the first fight in Denmark were hampered by the Volcanic Ash Cloud ™

It's certainly a more reasonable excuse than "Kessler was shot" - when he'd shown no in-ring signs of being shot.

That's the key. AFTER Groves. How is that relevant to Carl's behavior prior to Groves 2? He dropped it cuz Chavez Jr Vegas dream was ended due to Fonfara.

"wasn't forced to do dick". You're denying reality on the ground.
                  You just answered your own question. The Chavez Jr fight was there for him in Vegas and he could have dropped the IBF belt to pursue that fight but he didn't so he wasn't forced into doing anything. He chose to fight Groves.

Froch was already a huge star before Groves. LOL@ him being forced into a fight against a unknown mandatory.

Froch turned down Calzaghe when Warren offered them to fight as Joe's voluntary.
                  What is the relevance of this? Froch took the mandatory route rather than sign options with Frank Warren.

One started boxing since he could walk the other in his early 20s with 0 amateur, one still hasn't done anything of note the other needed only 20 bouts to capture a proper World title vs a name. Talent is intangible, accomplishments are not.
                  No...one got cherry picked by a very one dimensional champion in Provodnikov

Whereas Dirrell had to face Froch in his own backyard and arguably should have got the decision. The other guy he had to face was James DeGale.

Dirrell vs a SMW version of Provodnikov would have been easy work. We all saw what he did to Abraham who was better than Ruslan.

Adrien Broner is a 4 weight world champion - doesn't mean dick when you look at who he beat for the titles. You can always tell when a fighter's resume needs to be enhanced beyond what it really is when guys use phrases like "former world titlist" instead of the actual name of the fighter

Comment

Did Froch even win a round vs Ward? There is a track record of greats getting sparked by bums, so can't be too bad if it happens to Khan, I know Wlad got dominated, but losing every round to a cripple?
                    A cripple?

Like I said, your bitter vendetta against Froch always rears its ugly head. Amir Khan has never been in the ring with anyone of even a "crippled" Ward's ability unless you actually count those phantom sparring sessions.

Once again, "the greats" have gone on to prove themselves for many years which means that people forget those early losses.

Khan got wiped out by a street sweeper and then got wiped out again. He is not among "the greats".

Comment

Its been reasoned cuz for some reason you've been on your good behavior, must've been the $ you won on Fury. Yes, its been a great exchange let's keep it that way instead of getting in to a pointless argument, which is more than likely to get personal. Been there done that.
                      I notice you keep dodging the question about why all Khantards are anti-Froch.

The truth hurts.

Comment

Working...
                      X