Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many old school boxers might have used PEDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
    Roids started getting big in the early 80's in body building and other sports, as for boxing, back then there were not alot of designer roids like there were in the 90's and now. Most of the juice back then gave you size and strength which would be deterimental to WW size guys, but im sure they were coked out back then.

In my opinion, every major heavyweight of the 80's, 90's even 2000's with the expection of Forman and Ruiz were probably juicing. Now this is not to say they juiced during training camp which i think most of the heavyweights did, but they were juicing at some point to get that size. When designer PED's became more popular in the 90's and 00's then the WW etc. could juice and still keep their weight low. Even RJJ was cranking, no way he got up to HW without it. Mosley, Oscar are two other big names.

Currently, my guess is guys do not juice during training camp because of all the testing, but it is often used for "healing" in between fights. Personally i think even when Floyd took his hiatus from the sport, there is a very good chance he was doing some "healing".

Often, just like in politics, the guy that is making the most noise about an issue, is usually guilty himself. Peterson is a fine example of this, in his case knowingly or not since he wanted the testing in the first place.
    Ruiz put velcro on his gloves and super glue on his body so his opponent's coundn't escape his barrage of hugs, True story.

as for Big George he had an anvil in each of his gloves that why he knocked everyone out.

not PED's but still they cheated, I don't have proof of course but who needs proof when you have hearsay and conjecture.

Comment

It was and is pretty bad. But in the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century it got ridiculous. I remember one prominent matchmaker tell me, during the middle of the last decade, that 7 of Ring magazines 10 heavyweights were juicing. And he had worked with most of them. I think the numbers would astound people.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
        Ruiz put velcro on his gloves and super glue on his body so his opponent's coundn't escape his barrage of hugs, True story.

as for Big George he had an anvil in each of his gloves that why he knocked everyone out.

not PED's but still they cheated, I don't have proof of course but who needs proof when you have hearsay and conjecture.
        Foreman was obviously roiding. In the first half of his career he was lean and strong (coughpedscough), when he came back suddenly he was huge. Why? He stopped taking PEDs, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          Foreman was obviously roiding. In the first half of his career he was lean and strong (coughpedscough), when he came back suddenly he was huge. Why? He stopped taking PEDs, obviously.
          yeah it was nothing to do with his age it was just roids, just look at Roy Jones' and James Toney's ***** **** to see what roids do when you stop taking them.

Rumour has it that Big george puts a small amount of roids in his Grills and that's why all the fat REALLY comes out of your meat...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It was and is pretty bad. But in the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century it got ridiculous. I remember one prominent matchmaker tell me, during the middle of the last decade, that 7 of Ring magazines 10 heavyweights were juicing. And he had worked with most of them. I think the numbers would astound people.

last time the division entertained me...pretty interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
              Roids started getting big in the early 80's in body building and other sports, as for boxing, back then there were not alot of designer roids like there were in the 90's and now. Most of the juice back then gave you size and strength which would be deterimental to WW size guys, but im sure they were coked out back then.

In my opinion, every major heavyweight of the 80's, 90's even 2000's with the expection of Forman and Ruiz were probably juicing. Now this is not to say they juiced during training camp which i think most of the heavyweights did, but they were juicing at some point to get that size. When designer PED's became more popular in the 90's and 00's then the WW etc. could juice and still keep their weight low. Even RJJ was cranking, no way he got up to HW without it. Mosley, Oscar are two other big names.

Currently, my guess is guys do not juice during training camp because of all the testing, but it is often used for "healing" in between fights. Personally i think even when Floyd took his hiatus from the sport, there is a very good chance he was doing some "healing".

Often, just like in politics, the guy that is making the most noise about an issue, is usually guilty himself. Peterson is a fine example of this, in his case knowingly or not since he wanted the testing in the first place.
              i read steroids were rampant by the mid 60's

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Bob Fitzsimmons' training camp was run by Antonio Ariza, the great uncle of Alex Ariza.
                Seriously look it up, explains how he could knock out people 30 pounds heavier than him.
                Uggggg! Why did you do that first thing in the morning before my Mark IV Sarcasm Detector was fully calibrated? :frustrated9:

Poet

Comment

Cocaine was used by a lot of old school guys that is for sure

I am sure many was on Roids, especially the ones who wasn't as gifted or as talented as the Top Fighters

Comment

Tyson is a very clear one. Mood swings are a steroid side effect.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X