No announcement yet.

Khans New Stance and style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Hatton? Hatton had horribly low hands, his chin and footwork let him get away with so much. He threw lefts hooks from way to far away, Khan fights nothing like Mitchell or Hatton.

If anyone he fights like Lennox Lewis behind a jab but with a high tight guard.
    Makes more sense. Lennox completely slipped my mind.

I was thinking about Khan's stance and guard yesterday before seeing this topic. I was like where have I seen this before? I related it to Mitchell and Hatton, where they hold their hands at in their stance. I saw a theme going on with Khan and the other brits, so I figured it could be a brit thing.

And Khan does drop his hands low, low enough for a person with matching hand speed to counter the **** out of him every time with a lead hook. Add some decent to high-end power and it's lights out.

Comment

king khan has his own style

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
        I have been saying this for a long time but some of the Khan fans who see everything through rose tinted glasses seem to think Roach's game plan will fix it. They don't seem to realise the inside fighting skills have to be fully developed first. This is the key weakness in Khan's game and unless it is fixed he will come unstuck. It is inevitable.
        We'll see that soon enough. I think Roach is working on that in every training at the same time strengthening Khan's outside fighting. In a few fights, I think we'll see Khan's improved close-quarter fighting when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Makes more sense. Lennox completely slipped my mind.

I was thinking about Khan's stance and guard yesterday before seeing this topic. I was like where have I seen this before? I related it to Mitchell and Hatton, where they hold their hands at in their stance. I saw a theme going on with Khan and the other brits, so I figured it could be a brit thing.

And Khan does drop his hands low, low enough for a person with matching hand speed to counter the **** out of him every time with a lead hook. Add some decent to high-end power and it's lights out.

Khan easily has the fastest hands in the division IMO the only person that comes close is Paulie, there are few fighters out there that can throw lead left hooks and be effective.

Khan in the second picture does have his hands low, usually they are pretty high when he throws the 1-2 I was looking out for that, but he gets away with it because his footwork carries him out of range and few fighters in his division have the size and wingspan to catch him.

Khan is the only brit I've seen with the very high guard, Hatton tbh avoids all forms of defence I mean his head movement is ok but he just doesn't hold his hand high enough. There are guys who stylistically will cause nightmares for Khan, I think if Marquez were taller with a bit more reach and a better chin I'd favour him over Khan, Marquez has the rare talent of being able to counter you in combinations WHILE your punching him in the face. Which is why hes so effective against Pacquiao.

Manny can't get off his flurries when Marquez is hitting him at the same time Pac is trying to hit Marquez, Khan only opens up when he's about to throw if a bigger Marquez opening up as soon as he saw that he could deck Khan easily.

Also, I think Maidana and Ortiz beat Khan or at least I'd favour them over him because of Khan's chin. He will get caught at some point, and regardeless of his skills it'll be lights out. I think Khan is easily the more talented newcomer to the sport but his chin negates all confidence I can have in him. I will simply not bet on any fights he's in with a guy who can punch or atleast I'll straddle my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            Khan easily has the fastest hands in the division IMO the only person that comes close is Paulie, there are few fighters out there that can throw lead left hooks and be effective.

Khan in the second picture does have his hands low, usually they are pretty high when he throws the 1-2 I was looking out for that, but he gets away with it because his footwork carries him out of range and few fighters in his division have the size and wingspan to catch him.

Khan is the only brit I've seen with the very high guard, Hatton tbh avoids all forms of defence I mean his head movement is ok but he just doesn't hold his hand high enough. There are guys who stylistically will cause nightmares for Khan, I think if Marquez were taller with a bit more reach and a better chin I'd favour him over Khan, Marquez has the rare talent of being able to counter you in combinations WHILE your punching him in the face. Which is why hes so effective against Pacquiao.

Manny can't get off his flurries when Marquez is hitting him at the same time Pac is trying to hit Marquez, Khan only opens up when he's about to throw if a bigger Marquez opening up as soon as he saw that he could deck Khan easily.

Also, I think Maidana and Ortiz beat Khan or at least I'd favour them over him because of Khan's chin. He will get caught at some point, and regardeless of his skills it'll be lights out. I think Khan is easily the more talented newcomer to the sport but his chin negates all confidence I can have in him. I will simply not bet on any fights he's in with a guy who can punch or atleast I'll straddle my bet.
            good post there

Comment

Working...
            X