Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan looks good for the first 3 rounds, wins them.

Starts being predictable and takes a few shots, gets caught big, and stopped.

We've seen the Khan movie before.

Comment

At this point, Kahn > Matty

Matty doesn't have the heart to fully engage in a battle anymore. Once he realizes he's down 6-1, he'll mentally give up. He's done

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        At this point, Kahn > Matty

Matty doesn't have the heart to fully engage in a battle anymore. Once he realizes he's down 6-1, he'll mentally give up. He's done
        Just one year ago Matthysse had one war with Provodnikov, why would you say that he doesn't have the heart anymore? he was frustrated as fuck that Postol clinched him non stop for six rounds and got away with it. Postol took Lucas' best rounds by clinching and frustrating him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Just one year ago Matthysse had one war with Provodnikov, why would you say that he doesn't have the heart anymore? he was frustrated as fuck that Postol clinched him non stop for six rounds and got away with it. Postol took Lucas' best rounds by clinching and frustrating him.
          Ever since losing to Swift, he's been on the decline - fighting subpar ever since against mediocre competition. Ruslan is just a tough guy that he outlasted. He didn't look great in it. Against Postol, he has no secondary plan and just quit when he didn't want anymore.

I think he's done and that someone like Kahn can frustrate him to the point of quitting again.

Comment

Ever since losing to Swift, he's been on the decline - fighting subpar ever since against mediocre competition. Ruslan is just a tough guy that he outlasted. He didn't look great in it. Against Postol, he has no secondary plan and just quit when he didn't want anymore.

I think he's done and that someone like Kahn can frustrate him to the point of quitting again.
            which is exactly why him and Amir should fight

This isn't about picking an opponent to minimize Amir's chances of losing again.

It's about the winner continuing on in boxing

Whoever doesn't win should seriously consider an immediate retirement. If you can't beat a declined fighter at that level, you could get ****ed up in the future.
            Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 05-10-2016, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I would put my money on Lucas by KO

Comment

Would you say Garcia is done? he's been looking like shiet after Matthysse.

But yeah I get your point. I also think he lost the desire. He probably already has two houses, two cars, and invested some money that he believes will be enough for his family to live well. I think he wants to re invent himself kind off like Khan did at 147, but only for money. I hope I'm wrong though..

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Would you say Garcia is done? he's been looking like shiet after Matthysse.

But yeah I get your point. I also think he lost the desire. He probably already has two houses, two cars, and invested some money that he believes will be enough for his family to live well. I think he wants to re invent himself kind off like Khan did at 147, but only for money. I hope I'm wrong though..
                  No, I think Swift has alot in the tank - I do think that the Matthyse fight was the pinnacle of the father/son pairing. Nothing they do will top that fight. It was Swift's best performance of his career and he had his Dad there.

I just don't think pops is good enough to keep Swift at the top level. You can only slap a guy in the face so many times to get them to eek out a win. I think he narrowly eeked out wins against Herrera and Peterson - two above average guys that he could have lost against. I just don't think he's benefiting from his dad training him anymore

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    which is exactly why him and Amir should fight

This isn't about picking an opponent to minimize Amir's chances of losing again.

It's about the winner continuing on in boxing

Whoever doesn't win should seriously consider an immediate retirement. If you can't beat a declined fighter at that level, you could get ****ed up in the future.
                    I think its a good fight - still think Kahn beats him into submission, with a rocky moment or two. To be safe, Matthyse should fight a fellow past-prime guy and collect a check that way

Comment

No, I think Swift has alot in the tank - I do think that the Matthyse fight was the pinnacle of the father/son pairing. Nothing they do will top that fight. It was Swift's best performance of his career and he had his Dad there.

I just don't think pops is good enough to keep Swift at the top level. You can only slap a guy in the face so many times to get them to eek out a win. I think he narrowly eeked out wins against Herrera and Peterson - two above average guys that he could have lost against. I just don't think he's benefiting from his dad training him anymore
                      My second paragraph was about Matthysse. I know Lucas wants to rematch Garcia and at this point (like Garcia) he just fights for money.

Comment

Working...
                      X