Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter Feels Wilder Will Vacate and Fight Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purse bid isn't until 26th Feb and their might be an extention on that, so we've got at least 4 more weeks of 'could be true, could be complete BS' headlines like this. They'll probably make a deal an hour before the deadline like Wlad and Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
      I thought they might actually let him fight Povetkin and just use Martin as a rebuild/back-up plan. You know, after Wilder loses he could easily just go and get the IBF from Martin. But NOPE, even that is expecting too much from Haymon boxing.
      You guys are soooooooooo stupid for falling for this Rabyinski crap.

First of all, Povetkin is the one who ducked Wilder twice already, forcing the wbc to extend the negotiation date twice by asking for extentions on the negotiation date.

Secondly, this is just something Rabyinski sucked out of his ass, he hasn't even backed up what he is saying, this is just an old dude expressing his fears.

Thirdly, if Wilder wanted to fight Martin and/or Fury instead of Povetkin, he doesn't even have to vacate the WBC title, coz unifications take precedence over mandatories according to the rules.

And finally, Wilder was given the perfect opportunity to duck Povetkin when Martin won the IBF and Fury confronted him on the same night, but what did Wilder say? Yeah, he didn't take the opportunity or even remotely suggest that he would take it, instead, he made it UNEQUIVOCALLY clear that he will fight Povetkin next.

You guys on this forum are worse than women, worse than even chickens. One little sound and you go full on panic mode, no matter how ludicrous an article sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        That's the story that was put out in the US, but not what Povetkin said when interviewed.

According to him it was Wilder who wanted to take another voluntary, the WBC going along with it.

End of the day, pressure is now on the WBC.
        LOLOLOL! That's a blatant lie and you know it! You should be ashamed.

The wbc president made it clear that it was POVETKIN who asked for an extention, and Wilder had also made it clear that he wished to fight Povetkin in Jan, he only demanded a voluntary IF Povetkin asked for ANOTHER extention on the negotiation date (the negotiation date had already been extended from october to november for Povetkin).

All the lies and the smoke screens in the world won't work here buddy.

We know what happened and we know who was really ducking. Actions speak louder than words, and Povetkin's actions don't correlate with his words.

Comment

Ron Lewis
          Ron Lewis – Verified account ‏@RonLewisTimes

I'm told Deontay Wilder likely to fight Charles Martin instead of Povetkin. Not sure if it's a unification or just for IBF title #boxing

Comment

Fuck Wilder if this is true. Absolutely sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              Ron Lewis
              Ron Lewis – Verified account ‏@RonLewisTimes

I'm told Deontay Wilder likely to fight Charles Martin instead of Povetkin. Not sure if it's a unification or just for IBF title #boxing
              Why not fight Povetkin first then Martin? Makes no sense.

Comment

Povetkins been stepping aside for Wilder so he can fight the Eric Molinas and Duhaupas of the world.

That's why it was so laughable when Wilder called Fury a phony.

The Bambi Legs Bomber is American like me but that don't mean I have to drink the kool aid.

Comment

I know everyone wants to jump down Wilder's throat, but let's wait until we see if these rumours have any substance before blowing our collective gaskets. Personally I just think this is the usual fear that accompanies the announcement of any big fight, as well as, who knows, some gamesmanship as well. The stars are aligning for this fight and I think we're reaching that saturation point where it has to get made or cause massive irreparable damage for all involved. There are legitimate concerns of course, but a Martin fight just makes no logical sense from whatever angle you care to look at it. No one knows who Martin is or rates him in any way, and the unification angle is really not going to be enough to sell this fight to the casuals, especially given the way in which he won the title in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X