Collapse
No announcement yet.

why spence stopped algieri and manny could'nt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He actually did stop him in rd9, he didn't make the 10 count. That idiot ref didn't stop it and even after Pac continued his assault, Ref broke the fight up for no reason to give him a standing 8 count, wtf wa sthat about????? The difference was the ref in this fight stopped it.

@45:25

Comment

Because Manny lack fundamentals like cutting off the ring.
      It really is that simple. BTW, Spence would beat the dog **** out of manny.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        Thank you. Its like dudes dont even analyze the fights....like a casual. I think Chris fight with Khan went to his head. Cuz b4 that he always used he feet.
        Exactly, it's like he said, "Kahn was elusive and I didn't hurt him enough so I'm not making that mistake again."
        Early on I saw Chris boxing and turning, and it was looking like he had a great plan if he focused. How on earth he decided to stand in front of him, and how his corner didn't correct him was inexplicable. I seriously can't get my head around it. I hate sounding like sounding like a know-it-all but Chris clearly played to Spence's strengths and neglected all of his own attributes.

Comment

Personally I think it's cuz Manny didn't throw nearly enough to the body. Round 9 after the knockdown, Algieri was able to keep his hands up and twist his body the whole time and avoid getting hit as cleanly as he did when he got put down. I don't think cutting off the ring or fundamentals was the issue here, as he was able to get close enough to Algieri to throw pretty much the whole rest of that round. (But he might have been able to do this earlier in the fight if he cut the ring off)

Against Spence however, Algieri had no such success doing that which made him switch up how he handled being hurt. This lead to there being more openings which Spence was able to take advantage of.

Also helped Spence that post-Pacquiao Algieri fights much more aggressively than he used to. (Not a knock on Spence btw, it was an impressive performance)
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-21-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Yea so what was the point in bringing up how Manny cant cut the ring off. When SPENCE DIDNT HAVE TO

Comment

Stop trying to make Pacquiao out to be this tiny malnourished midget who has to kill himself to make 147. It's simply not true. If it were the case then he would be fighting at 135/140 right now. Pac's legacy becomes more and more tarnished every time you casuals try to spin shit in his favor. Makes him look bad.

Spence Jr. knocked Algieri around like a ragdoll while Manny couldn't finish the job. Both fighters took W's, so deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                Yea so what was the point in bringing up how Manny cant cut the ring off. When SPENCE DIDNT HAVE TO
                Because that's the reason Pacquiao didn't stop Algieri. Did you want him to make up another reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                  Stop trying to make Pacquiao out to be this tiny malnourished midget who has to kill himself to make 147. It's simply not true. If it were the case then he would be fighting at 135/140 right now. Pac's legacy becomes more and more tarnished every time you casuals try to spin shit in his favor. Makes him look bad.

Spence Jr. knocked Algieri around like a ragdoll while Manny couldn't finish the job. Both fighters took W's, so deal with it.
                  no spin here, pac compared to spence is tiny

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                    no spin here, pac compared to spence is tiny
                    But you'd still pick Manny to beat him in a fight right? So stop complaining.

A welterweight is a welterweight.

Comment

also, using spence way of reasoning, the reason why pac was able to stop delahoya while Floyd couldn't is because Floyd has garbage offense

Comment

Working...
                      X