Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch boxing with your children, family or friends regularly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you watch boxing with your children, family or friends regularly?

As we age, perhaps boxing fans will die out on the level it is.

I for one would love to share boxing to friends, but most aren't interested.

However when I have children, I want to pass on that knowledge so that they also follow it. Boxing will need new blood to continue to generate that money.

I watch the vast majority on my sofa by my lonesome.

Heavyweights are usually the only time I get company and everyone is watching it. Casuals still love the heavyweights.

Comment

I want to take my kid to a gym when he grows.

Comment

Nah, most people i know are clueless when it comes to boxing and it annoys me to be around them.

I don't really like people in general to be honest. I like about 4 people.

Comment

Yeah I always have somebody to watch it with, my brother, father, some friends, and even force my GF sometimes lol.

Comment

whoever is in my house when the fights are on are watching it with me too like it or not!

But I dont think boxing will die out it will only get bigger, alot of boxing fans turned boxing fans on their own from a fight they watched and really liked and now that we have youtube etc its alot easier to follow the sport than it was just 10 years ago.

Comment

My friends don't know dick about boxing.

It's sad but NSB is the only place I can get some get my boxing fix....even if the discussion is ******ed 99% of the time.

Comment

Oddly, my wife only will watch Mayweather fight especially after watching All Access and before 24/7. She even follows this fool on instagram.

Other than that I pretty much watch fights by myself. My friend's are only into that MMA s h i t.

Comment

My older brother is a somewhat hardcore fan, so I watch most fights with him. My younger brother and a couple of friends are casual fans, so I tend to watch the bigger fights with them also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    My friends don't know dick about boxing.

It's sad but NSB is the only place I can get some get my boxing fix....even if the discussion is ******ed 99% of the time.
                    The problem is, living in England that people will watch boxing given all the advertisement etc. I think when a big boxing match comes around the awareness if pretty high Sky Sports will market the hell out of it and people will watch.

But I hate watching boxing with people who only watch those 4-5 big British fights/Mayweather/Pacquiao fights a year. I remember after Joshua beat Cornish going into work and one guy, who actually watches boxing more than the normal casual fan was saying Joshua is unstoppable, that Fury would get KO'd quickly and told me to just 'look at the difference in body type." etc. Having to explain angles, pressure, lateral movement, the jab, inside fighting to someone who only ever sees the surface of boxing is extremely frustrating and it happens all to often watching Boxing in the UK.

It's why I prefer to watch it by myself now.

Comment

Working...
                    X