Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton: 'Joe Cortez is a chump on the Vegas payroll!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if Hatton thinks Joe threw some shots in to!!! Really he didn't need to help Floyd or Pacman they erased Hatton without any help at all. Joe just needed to count to ten, Hattons comments are pretty theres no reason to speak out unless the offical did something to hurt you or disrespect you. Sorry to hear this out of Hatton who I thought was a decent guy. Ray.

Comment

Does not approve of bad mouthing refs

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Jesus Christ get over it.

Joe Cortez didn't make you put your hands down.

Joe Cortez didn't make you walk in a straight line directly towards Floyd, with zero defense.

It was your own dumb ass fault.

It'd be one thing if it went to decision, and he didn't let you "execute your gameplan".

But you got knocked out because you're a ******, same with Pacquiao.

This is coming from the guy who told SR. on 24/7 "Right hook, roll under" Same move everytime.... and that's exactly what Pacquiao did.

LLS hahahahahahahahah same move everytime but it worked on you. Says more about you Ricky than it does about Manny

Comment

Cortez is shot to hell. He sucks now. I think people exaggerate his conduct in the Floyd fight though. He was annoying and involved himself a little too much but some people act like the only reason Floyd won was because of Cortez, which I find laughable.

His call in the Sotto fight was a disgrace though. The old bastard needs to give it up.

Comment

Seeing as how we all know the majority of this forum loves to get their facts straight before they comment....oh actually they don't.

Hatton didn't actually say this bit ''Joe Cortez is a chump on the Vegas payroll''. That was tweeted by someone else.

The part Hatton said is ''I not saying I'd of won but he didn't help & it was well out of character for his usual style of refereeing.''

Carry on though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              Seeing as how we all know the majority of this forum loves to get their facts straight before they comment....oh actually they don't.

Hatton didn't actually say this bit ''Joe Cortez is a chump on the Vegas payroll''. That was tweeted by someone else.

The part Hatton said is ''I not saying I'd of won but he didn't help & it was well out of character for his usual style of refereeing.''

Carry on though.
              Exactly people are criticizing Hatton for telling the truth he has a genuine grievance here. I'm pretty sure most posters just read the thread title before posting.

Can someone explain the blatant inconsistency between Cortez's performance in the Hatton vs Mayweather and the Calzaghe, Hopkins fights?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Floyd definately fought a weaker hatton than everyone else did. Hatton was allowed to fight all his other opponents the hatton way, so why was Floyd given preferential treatment? Cos Floyd had a word with the ref before the fight about hattons so called dirty tactics.

Floyd always gets a pass and easier fight. Hatton certainly wouldnt have got Ko;ed if it wasnt for Cortez.
                Floyd never stopped talking about the ref in the build-up to the fight, he knew the ref would be crucial even with Hatton stepping up in weight.

Ricky trusted Cortez to let him fight after the Castillo bout, bad move, money talks.

Comment

The Lorenzo was probably the worst call Cortez has ever made by far on top of many more. Soto got robbed of a W that night. Cortez is garbage!

Comment

Ricky has to move on already, but yes, Cortez sucks balls.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                      Obviously you dont know **** cause you are only crying cause Floyds involved
                      And you are only running to the rescue because the love of your life is involved. What's the difference?

Comment

Working...
                      X