Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cus D'Amato doesn't die in the 80's, Mike Tyson goes undefeated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cus D'Amato doesn't die in the 80's, Mike Tyson goes undefeated.

When Cus died it seemed Mikes fighting spirit died. From that point on he turned to the dark side and lost focus.

If Cus had lived at least till the mid 90's, Mike probably never loses and goes down as the #1 HW of all time.

Cus was the only one that Mike really loved and trusted (or so it seems), he would've looked out for Mike. Buster Douglas would've been roadkill for a focused Mike Tyson.

that is the creepiest avatar in boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by El_Guapo View Post
      When Cus died it seemed Mikes fighting spirit died. From that point on he turned to the dark side and lost focus.

If Cus had lived at least till the mid 90's, Mike probably never loses and goes down as the #1 HW of all time.

Cus was the only one that Mike really loved and trusted (or so it seems), he would've looked out for Mike. Buster Douglas would've been roadkill for a focused Mike Tyson.
      I think it was more the females of Tyson's life that ruined him than the death of Cus. Cus surely had some effect, but

Tyson was still doing cool after the death. It was after his women problems and jail, that he truly took catastrophic a nose dive.

Comment

If the queen had balls, she'd be the king.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          I think it was more the females of Tyson's life that ruined him than the death of Cus. Cus surely had some effect, but

Tyson was still doing cool after the death. It was after his women problems and jail, that he truly took catastrophic a nose dive.
          I think a lot of that had to do w/ Cus being gone though. You can tell that he was the only one that had Mikes ear in a meaningful way.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
            If the queen had balls, she'd be the king.
            I'm just sayin' Jake, settle down buddy, lol.

Comment

It's true. Cus was everything to Mike, he was the closest thing he had to a true friend and a father. If he had lived through, he would've given Mike the guidance he severely needed after his death. There was a void in Mike's life after Cus died, that void was filled with meeting the wrong women and eventually partnering with Don King. They preyed on Mike's weakness and exploited him for their own gain.

Cus gave Mike the skillsets that made him a great boxer. They could've accomplished anything in boxing if these two stayed together longer.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Guapo View Post
                I'm just sayin' Jake, settle down buddy, lol.
                I know. And to be honest, you're probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                  It's true. Cus was everything to Mike, he was the closest thing he had to a true friend and a father. If he had lived through, he would've given Mike the guidance he severely needed after his death. There was a void in Mike's life after Cus died, that void was filled with meeting the wrong women and eventually partnering with Don King. They preyed on Mike's weakness and exploited him for their own gain.

Cus gave Mike the skillsets that made him a great boxer. They could've accomplished anything in boxing if these two stayed together longer.
                  Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                  I know. And to be honest, you're probably right.
                  It really does read like a modern day Greek tragedy.

Mike Tyson is still fascinating after all these years.

Comment

Even if Cus lived, and I love Mike, he would have eventually lost to a tall, big and athletic man with a good jab and rock chin. I think if he would have fought a prime Riddick Bowe, that Bowe had the proper tools to beat a prime Tyson. Tyson's career and legacy surely out shine Bowe's, but prime vs prime I think Bowe gets him. Much like Forrest got Mosely. Styles man, styles.

Comment

Working...
                    X