No announcement yet.

Legitimacy of the BWAA FOTY award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legitimacy of the BWAA FOTY award

I think Rigo proved that this award should not be taken seriously ever again. I never took the award seriously. You have to question why neither of the great Klitschko's never got the award once, despite completely wiping out their division and holding the belts for like 8 years.

Donaire received the award a couple days ago and then gets shut out by Rigo the following day. Think about that. Why did he get the award in the first place?

To me it seems it's a media driven award.

What do you think?

Is it a legit award? Should it be completely ignored in discussions?

like I said man no disrespect Donaire is great boxer but beating Mathebula, Vazquez Jr and specially Arce is nothing special

Comment

It's sad how so many people thought Donaire deserved it over Marquez.

Marquez's TKO over Pacquiao sh-ts on Donaire's 4 sh-tty ass wins in 2012. I couldn't believe Donaire actually won it when it was announced.

Comment

Not giving Marquez credit for knocking out the fighter of the decade was a farce.

At least the ring got it right.

Comment

Even Garcia's knockout over Khan was more impressive.

Who votes for this stuff? Seriously who are these 'experts'?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            To me it seems it's a media driven award.
            Uh, you think? The media votes for the award.

Comment

Marquez deserved the award for his brutal KO over Pac, but people thought that Donaire deserved it because he had more good wins (although Mathebula, Vazquez, old Nisnioka and Arce aren't better than Pac, not even close)

Nonito had a good 2012, but it wasn't anything out of this world. Marquez beating Pacquiao by brutal KO, that's a fantastic win.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                Marquez deserved the award for his brutal KO over Pac, but people thought that Donaire deserved it because he had more good wins (although Mathebula, Vazquez, old Nisnioka and Arce aren't better than Pac, not even close)

Nonito had a good 2012, but it wasn't anything out of this world. Marquez beating Pacquiao by brutal KO, that's a fantastic win.
                lol seriously that KO was massive and unexpected against thee fighter of the decade.

Comment

Working...
                X