Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did God creat natural psychedelic drugs, Marijuana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    The funny thing is you think I don't understand what you are saying and Christians circumvent the Old testament.....I get it. I was a Christian for many years.

The point I'm making to you, is that these are nothing more than INTERPRETATIONS by humans that came hundreds of years after these books were written. This is why there are so many sects of Christianity, and nobody can agree with anyone else.

So again, I will ask, how do you know your version of Christianity is the right one? How do you know that Thomas Aquinas version is the correct one and not the other 11 men who disagreed with him.

You can't proclaim righteousness or some law that most of the people within your own religion don't even agree to, follow or dismiss. If there was a god, and the Bible was his word, you would think he would be a little bit more specific and not so vague that humans wouldn't know which way he's trying to go with things.
    Yeah, we know. You, like all other atheists, grew up as a diligent christian and have read the bible/understand it more than anybody else.

1. Its painfully you didn't quite understand what I was saying(up until this point atleast). Every single time you would reply with "but Jesus said the law didn't change". Correct, and never have I ever said the law changed, I actually made it a point every time to state the law still exists and is still being broken.

2. Can't really state it being an interpretation, as its explicitly written all throughout scripture. The difference in covenants is universally accepted by most/all Christians. That's kind of the deal between being a christian vs. Being a Jew.

3. As far as how do I know/many different interpretations/etc, I'll speak to it a little, but I don't care to get into a whole nother convo.

I don't belong to any denomination and/or interpretation. I belong to God and the truth, and I make it a point scratch below surface level to find said 'truth'. And I, as well as everybody else, will be judged according to what has been revealed to them. Other the. That, you are getting pretty close to a fallacy (there are many different interpretations/translations, not all of them can be correct, therefore none of them are correct!)

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      Yeah, we know. You, like all other atheists, grew up as a diligent christian and have read the bible/understand it more than anybody else.
      On the contrary, I'm telling you none of us can understand it because it contradicts itself so much.

1. Its painfully you didn't quite understand what I was saying(up until this point atleast). Every single time you would reply with "but Jesus said the law didn't change". Correct, and never have I ever said the law changed, I actually made it a point every time to state the law still exists and is still being broken.
      I understand but you keep repeating this for what reason I don't know. I asked a simple question and you refuse to answer it.

2. Can't really state it being an interpretation, as its explicitly written all throughout scripture. The difference in covenants is universally accepted by most/all Christians. That's kind of the deal between being a christian vs. Being a Jew.
      So why do some sects of Christianity agree with you and some don't? Why are there so many different teachings within Christianity itself?

3. As far as how do I know/many different interpretations/etc, I'll speak to it a little, but I don't care to get into a whole nother convo.

I don't belong to any denomination and/or interpretation. I belong to God and the truth, and I make it a point scratch below surface level to find said 'truth'. And I, as well as everybody else, will be judged according to what has been revealed to them. Other the. That, you are getting pretty close to a fallacy (there are many different interpretations/translations, not all of them can be correct, therefore none of them are correct!)
      Oh....I see so you are claiming to know the truth and they are clearly wrong.

See, you won't answer the question, you just keep asserting things you believe. I get it that you know God, speak to him and you and only you know the truth.

Well, billions of other Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus as well as the other 2000 religions that claim the very thing you are claiming disagree with you.

If it's truth you are seeking, it just seems a very bizarre way of wanting to find it. Having faith, or just asserting something doesn't make it true.

You can start the Church of 2+2=5, and stand on top of a mountain screaming that 2+2=5 as loud as you want. You can proselytize to the world, write a book that's 2000 years old and proclaim it to be true over and over but guess what....

2+2 will always = 4, no matter how much you believe. All I'm saying is how do you KNOW yours is the right one and not the thousands of other interpretations? I understand you BELIEVE, but how do you KNOW?

Comment

On the contrary, I'm telling you none of us can understand it because it contradicts itself so much.
        That's the sad part....it doesn't contradict itself. Bigots gonna bigot.

I understand but you keep repeating this for what reason I don't know. I asked a simple question and you refuse to answer it.
        I only kept repeating it because the same nonsense of 'but Jesus said he didn't abolish the laws' was repeated to me...as if I ever stated or suggested they were abolished.

But, I'm glad we're past that. Remember, this whole convo took place because you suggested that the bible instructs us to kill unbelievers, sinners, and whoever else. I retorted with I'm not a Jew living under the old covenant, but am a gentile living under the new covenant. All Christians agree with this, as naturally one has to assume the new covenant to be a christian in the first place. They go hand in hand, believing in Jesus and his atonement of sins.

You can Google the definition of atonement (and it'd implications in Christianity) if you like...

Oh....I see so you are claiming to know the truth and they are clearly wrong.

See, you won't answer the question, you just keep asserting things you believe. I get it that you know God, speak to him and you and only you know the truth.
        Lol, wtf? I'm just calling the spade a spade, a good amount of Christians don't even read their bible, let alone don't scratch below the surface of what their translation says. To them, its blasphemy that the original scriptures say imply something else than the text they are holding.

Well, billions of other Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus as well as the other 2000 religions that claim the very thing you are claiming disagree with you.
        Actually, all Christians agree with the new covenant through the atonement of sins by Jesus Christ...but cool story bro.

This is the part where you say you were a devout christian all your life and read the bible more times than me, so I'm wrong.

If it's truth you are seeking, it just seems a very bizarre way of wanting to find it. Having faith, or just asserting something doesn't make it true.
        Searching/cross referencing original texts is a bizarre way of getting to the bottom of the issue? Interesting, tell me more....

And let me guess, you don't think the bold applies to yourself in any way, shape or form?

You can start the Church of 2+2=5, and stand on top of a mountain screaming that 2+2=5 as loud as you want. You can proselytize to the world, write a book that's 2000 years old and proclaim it to be true over and over but guess what....

2+2 will always = 4, no matter how much you believe. All I'm saying is how do you KNOW yours is the right one and not the thousands of other interpretations? I understand you BELIEVE, but how do you KNOW?
        Because I never believed at face value what somebody tried to tell me, did my own research and came to my own conclusion. And guess what, said conclusion was reached by many, many others both before me and since. Am I wrong on some things? probably. Are you wrong on anything? Absolutely not! Amirite?

I'm not against learning. Are you?
        Last edited by ~AK49~; 09-20-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]
          That's the sad part....it doesn't contradict itself. Bigots gonna bigot.
          I'm a bigot because I say the Bible contradicts itself? Do you really want to go down this path.....

I only kept repeating it because the same nonsense of 'but Jesus said he didn't abolish the laws' was repeated to me...as if I ever stated or suggested they were abolished.

But, I'm glad we're past that. Remember, this whole convo took place because you suggested that the bible instructs us to kill unbelievers, sinners, and whoever else. I retorted with I'm not a Jew living under the old covenant, but am a gentile living under the new covenant. All Christians agree with this, as naturally one has to assume the new covenant to be a christian in the first place. They go hand in hand, believing in Jesus and his atonement of sins.

You can Google the definition of atonement (and it'd implications in Christianity) if you like...
          Now I need to look up the word atonement...wow.
          Once again avoiding the issue, Jesus said that not me and then a 15th century friar was needed to come in and tell you what jesus really meant.

Lol, wtf? I'm just calling the spade a spade, a good amount of Christians don't even read their bible, let alone don't scratch below the surface of what their translation says. To them, its blasphemy that the original scriptures say imply something else than the text they are holding.
          I kind of already said that but it's amazing that the Bible is so clear, and so perfect that there are thousands of sects of Christianity that completely disagree with each other. It's so clear people are killing each other over the differences..lol

This is the part where you say you were a devout christian all your life and read the bible more times than me, so I'm wrong.
          Wouldn't say devout, just brought up Roman Catholic like most Mexicans. Then one day I stopped believing in Santa Clause.

Searching/cross referencing original texts is a bizarre way of getting to the bottom of the issue? Interesting, tell me more....
          I read it, try and understand it and listen to scholars talk about the theological differences. The problem is (like I said originally) that there are so many interpretations it's hard to know who is right.

When you have completely different versions of the crucifixion alone for example, how are you supposed to know what really happened? Oh I know, the Bible isn't meant to be literal, yet so many take it that way.

Because I never believed at face value what somebody tried to tell me, did my own research and came to my own conclusion. And guess what, said conclusion was reached by many, many others both before me and since. Am I wrong on some things? probably. Are you wrong on anything? Absolutely not! Amirite?

I'm not against learning. Are you?
          Really? So how do you know Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead? How do you know he was god? How do you know a woman named Mary gave birth to a child without having sex?

You don't believe these things at face value? Then where is the evidence for these things and please don't say the Bible because the Iliad isn't proof of Zeus is it?

I love to learn, I just want to learn the truth.

Comment

I'm a bigot because I say the Bible contradicts itself? Do you really want to go down this path.....
            You trying to broaden the brush strokes in order to save face?

Now I need to look up the word atonement...wow.
            Once again avoiding the issue, Jesus said that not me and then a 15th century friar was needed to come in and tell you what jesus really meant.
            Yeshua said what?

(Besides of course 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'...)

I kind of already said that but it's amazing that the Bible is so clear, and so perfect that there are thousands of sects of Christianity that completely disagree with each other. It's so clear people are killing each other over the differences..lol
            A mistranslation can have huge consequences...

Wouldn't say devout, just brought up Roman Catholic like most Mexicans. Then one day I stopped believing in Santa Clause.
            Roman catholic?

I don't blame you

I read it, try and understand it and listen to scholars talk about the theological differences. The problem is (like I said originally) that there are so many interpretations it's hard to know who is right.

When you have completely different versions of the crucifixion alone for example, how are you supposed to know what really happened? Oh I know, the Bible isn't meant to be literal, yet so many take it that way.
            Completely different versions of the crucifixion?

Is this the part where you say you read some article that the romans didn't crucify people on crosses, but instead crucified them on either a stake or a Y shaped cross?

If so, this would probably be the point that I would point out that archaeology does support the fact that crosses were also used in crucifixions.

Really? So how do you know Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead? How do you know he was god? How do you know a woman named Mary gave birth to a child without having sex?
            Faith

You don't believe these things at face value? Then where is the evidence for these things and please don't say the Bible because the Iliad isn't proof of Zeus is it?
            Let me give you an example of the whole 'face value' bit. The word virgin was translated from the word 'almah'(עלמה, plural: alamot עלמות), which coincidentally also means.... Young woman. Hmmmmmm.

I love to learn, I just want to learn the truth.
            And learning correct theology has no bearing on whether or not God exists or not. (Just trying to make this easier on you)

Comment

[QUOTE]
              You trying to broaden the brush strokes in order to save face?
              Way to avoid the embarrassment.

Yeshua said what?

(Besides of course 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'...)
              Another good one

A mistranslation can have huge consequences...
              LOL, thanks for finally proving my point.

Roman catholic?

I don't blame you
              Amazing! You are on a roll, now you proved my other point of how people kill each other over this nonsense. Insulting another religion because you think they got it wrong....

I couldn't do better if I was typing for you.

Completely different versions of the crucifixion?

Is this the part where you say you read some article that the romans didn't crucify people on crosses, but instead crucified them on either a stake or a Y shaped cross?

If so, this would probably be the point that I would point out that archaeology does support the fact that crosses were also used in crucifixions.
              No I meant different accounts by the Gospels. Have you read them? You know where one has Jesus saying one thing as his final words, the other has something completely different. One has the tomb sealed, others say it was open. One say there were angels there, one says it was empty....

You know INCONSISTENCIES...

Faith
              You mean gullibility.

Let me give you an example of the whole 'face value' bit. The word virgin was translated from the word 'almah'(עלמה, plural: alamot עלמות), which coincidentally also means.... Young woman. Hmmmmmm.

So now you are denying she was a virgin? Whoa.....that is a tenant of the Christian dogma. Be careful or your fellow Christians will call you a blasphemer.

And learning correct theology has no bearing on whether or not God exists or not. (Just trying to make this easier on you)
              Oh I couldn't agree more, I love to read about Greek mythology but I don't think Zeus was real. Even though the Greeks were at least more consistent in their history and records.

Ok it's 5 o'clock time to get the fuk out of here. It's been nice and bless.....oh wait no, have a great weekend.

Comment

For intellectuals to discuss it in a thread on Boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  No, he didn't.

That's just something stupid that drug addled ******s say in order to convince themselves that they're doing something worthwhile with their life.
                  Could Be, Could Be, LOL!!!!!

Comment

Magic Shrooms

Hi all, I just want to ask if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. Like this one fromtrufflemagic.com/blog/psilocybe-caerulipes/ .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms compaired to synthetic drugs are very alarming. Also magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks

Comment

It's a stupid line of reasoning. God also created metal, but that doesn't mean we should be creating swords, spears, guns, and bullets to kill one another with.

There are countless things on this planet that we can use for good or for evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X