Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo stick to his guns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haymon won't allow this ****. He's not gonna let Mayweather guarantee Canelo a fight even if he loses to Trout cause Trout is with Haymon too. Mayweather doesn't need Canelo on the card cause Guerrero just came off TWO FANTASTIC fights. Casuals dunno or care what weight class Guerrero came from. All they know and care about is that Guerrero is exciting.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Haymon won't allow this ****. He's not gonna let Mayweather guarantee Canelo a fight even if he loses to Trout cause Trout is with Haymon too. Mayweather doesn't need Canelo on the card cause Guerrero just came off TWO FANTASTIC fights. Casuals dunno or care what weight class Guerrero came from. All they know and care about is that Guerrero is exciting.

Plus they can fill the rest of the card with solid Mexicans or Mexican-Americans which would probably cost less than what it would cost to pay just Canelo to tap into that market. It is not like GBP has a shortage of fighters with Mexican heritage, plus those guys could probably use that sort of stage more than Canelo.

They don't need Canelo and Floyd on the same card to really even set that up, that fight has been talked about and will get talked up big should both guys win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981
        Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Plus they can fill the rest of the card with solid Mexicans or Mexican-Americans which would probably cost less than what it would cost to pay just Canelo to tap into that market. It is not like GBP has a shortage of fighters with Mexican heritage, plus those guys could probably use that sort of stage more than Canelo.

They don't need Canelo and Floyd on the same card to really even set that up, that fight has been talked about and will get talked up big should both guys win.
        Very true my friend. Screw Canelo. The dude's ego and fame is getting to his head already. Idk who he thinks he is trying to flex muscle @ at the #1 PPV seller.

You know whats sad tho? If Mayweather doesnt agree or whatever then the Canelo fans will say Mayweather ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

I'd rather see some young/unknown/un-hyped talent like Gomez/Figueroa/Rios get a spot on his under-card. Ortiz could also make his return on the under-card as well. Hell, with Broner now vying for a spot, Canelo has less room to negotiate. We know for sure Broner is gonna be matched against the best in his division, and Ortiz is always in entertaining fights. Canelo is just taking up space that can be used in a more effective manner.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Very true my friend. Screw Canelo. The dude's ego and fame is getting to his head already. Idk who he thinks he is trying to flex muscle @ at the #1 PPV seller.

You know whats sad tho? If Mayweather doesnt agree or whatever then the Canelo fans will say Mayweather ducked him.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Canelo has only been on Floyd's under-card twice, and now we're gonna pretend like he's the key to Mayweather's PPV success? Give me a break!
              Bro, GBP has co-evented Floyd and Saul the last 3 times. Only Floyd/JMM since his unretirement, he definitely did not need him then.

Canelo is using his "fan-base" power as leverage to getting his dream fight. I guess these days, if you got it- might as well flex a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I'd rather see some young/unknown/un-hyped talent like Gomez/Figueroa/Rios get a spot on his under-card. Ortiz could also make his return on the under-card as well. Hell, with Broner now vying for a spot, Canelo has less room to negotiate. We know for sure Broner is gonna be matched against the best in his division, and Ortiz is always in entertaining fights. Canelo is just taking up space that can be used in a more effective manner.
                I would probably go Mares-Tarrazas as the co-feature, Mares is one of their brightest up and comers so a spot like that in what should be an excellent fight would be a very good should Mares be able to take care of business.

I think that fight is in purse bid currently.

Broner-Ray Beltran would probably work, Beltran has been on a pretty good run and they were talking about Broner-Lundy until Beltran beat Lundy and there isn't that much out there at 135 but that fight is pretty solid.

With those 3 fights they could really do whatever for the 4th fight and that card would be pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
                  Bro, GBP has co-evented Floyd and Saul the last 3 times. Only Floyd/JMM since his unretirement, he definitely did not need him then.

Canelo is using his "fan-base" power as leverage to getting his dream fight. I guess these days, if you got it- might as well flex a bit.
                  Floyd has put himself in a position where he depends on GBP, but he does not need Canelo on his under-card for it to be a success. There are other (probably cheaper) options he can explore.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
                    Can't say I understand what you're trying to say... Or I'm just too tired.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiaba360

I would probably go Mares-Tarrazas as the co-feature, Mares is one of their brightest up and comers so a spot like that in what should be an excellent fight would be a very good should Mares be able to take care of business.

I think that fight is in purse bid currently.

Broner-Ray Beltran would probably work, Beltran has been on a pretty good run and they were talking about Broner-Lundy until Beltran beat Lundy and there isn't that much out there at 135 but that fight is pretty solid.

With those 3 fights they could really do whatever for the 4th fight and that card would be pretty darn good.
                      I was thinking of Mares too or the other dude, De La Cruz?

Comment

Working...
                      X