Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did JMM-Pacquiao III Hurt pacman's ranking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did JMM-Pacquiao III Hurt pacman's ranking?

He did come into the fight with all the perceived advantages and lost pretty bad. It wasn't a bigger man who beat him either but someone his size. Discuss.

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure.

Although Pacquaio had all the advantages and was expected to win as a 1/10 favourite, I think that was down to an entire population of fans being unaware how good Marquez can perform at WW.

All we had as a measuring stick was the Mayweather fight. One in which he looked horrible.

But, now we can pretty much conclude that was down to Mayweather, not the weight.

And all in all, losing to an ATG is no shame at all.

So I'm going to say no, not particulary.

I do feel however that Mayweather stock obviously rise's since a win over an ATG went from worthless to legit overnight.

Comment

It should. People should really take a look at this and realize what kind of fighter he is. Instead, most people make excuses for him.

Comment

IMO the Shane fight and the JMM fight together kind of suggest he's not as close to Mayweather as we may have previously perceived. I'm not sure if I'm ready to say he deserves to be ranked any differently, but I can safely say I've lost interest in those two fights. Floyd wins that. I think Manny ought to retire to be honest.

Comment

There was a big question on mark on how Pac 2.0 would deal with a skilled boxer. While one fight is not the definitive answer, it certainly says something.

Comment

current p4p rankings?

yes.

floyd should be #1 now.

legacy wise? historical rankings?

i doubt it.

he'll still be considered an atg and one of the best ever.

Comment

AT WW? P4P? Historically?

To me Floyd is the best fighter in the world so tops him at WW and P4P, Pac being #2

Historically i like to think Manny will still get his props but hopefully the fan boy hype and over rating of today will have been helped to cool off after Marquez showed Manny is no superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                current p4p rankings?

yes.

floyd should be #1 now.

legacy wise? historical rankings?

i doubt it.

he'll still be considered an atg and one of the best ever.
                Oh, absolutely. I agree there.

Pacquaio will always be considered an ATG. He's already sealed that regardless to what happens in the future.

Comment

No, it just showed that he was more Tito Trinidad than Sugar Ray Robinson. Which is what I always thought, it just proved it to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    IMO the Shane fight and the JMM fight together kind of suggest he's not as close to Mayweather as we may have previously perceived. I'm not sure if I'm ready to say he deserves to be ranked any differently, but I can safely say I've lost interest in those two fights. Floyd wins that. I think Manny ought to retire to be honest.

He's making over 20 million dollars in each fight without taking major punishment, and you think he should retire? Would you?

Comment

Working...
                    X