Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks gerald mcclellan had the brain clot before the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else thinks gerald mcclellan had the brain clot before the fight?

I here a lot of people who knew gerald say that he complained about headaches all the time before the benn fight... Now i personally think the damage he accumilated attributed to that clot...who can elaborate on this issue without the bashing of him with the dogs and sht...

It's definitely possible he had some brain injuries before the fight. But who knows really? Headaches can mean anything. Lots of people get headaches, it doesn't mean they have a brain injury.

As great as this fight was, it is difficult to watch. As is Eubank-Watson 2, and to a lesser extent, Quiroga-Anifowoshe.

Comment

Hey ped, did you know that gerald told his corner that the water that they poured on his head was feeling like they were pouring it directly on his brain??? And that was around the 4 round...

Comment

I can't remember where I read it, but there was some story about a trainer of his who noted that he clenched up with a severe headache after he got hit on the front of the head whilst sparring - years before the Benn fight.

That may have had something to do with it, but I'm convinced that whatever underlying ailment he had that was waiting to show up, the constant onslaught of rabbit punches by Benn exacerbated things and accelerated his demise.

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
          Hey ped, did you know that gerald told his corner that the water that they poured on his head was feeling like they were pouring it directly on his brain??? And that was around the 4 round...
          I heard that before, but I'll need to watch it again to see if Showtime caught that.

Comment

i think so also.i remember him saying that something wasnt right during the fight and that he wanted to stop.there are a lot of variables to consider here.i remember talking about this fight yesterday with my buddy and the only thing he said was,why didnt anyone stop the fight?if only they had

Comment

I don,t think they caught it... If there,s any finger pointing far as his condition after the fight then you got to look at his corner... There is no fckin way my guy tell me that water is feeling is like actually on my brain and i say ok champ keep fighting... Dumb fcks... Gerald sister was mad at benn when actually she should,ve been mad at his team for letting that fight continue...

Comment

i also read somewhere that he told his corner he wanted to stop again after the 6th i think and they told him to "go out and die in the ring if he had to" or something like that.

Comment

its also a shame that nobody was looking at the red flags going up before the fight.obviously benn feels horrible about what happened,but there are more people to blame then him

Comment

gerald absorbed a lot of power punches... clean shots to the head... normally benn hits you and you hit the floor but, gerald downfall was his chin which was probably too good...

Comment

Working...
                    X