Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is #2 Too High a Spot for Calzaghe on the P4P List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is #2 Too High a Spot for Calzaghe on the P4P List?

Honestly, I don't see how someone with such a ****ty resume can be so high pound for pound. He's ducked every top fighter around his division in their prime. He's never beaten an elite fighter in his prime. All of his wins are against fighters who were green or fighters that were washed up. Should Calzaghe really be called the second best fighter in the world?
    He should be #1.
    14.75%
    #2 is right where he should be.
    49.18%
    He should be below #2, but still top 10.
    29.51%
    Calzaghe doesn't belong anywhere near a respectable P4P list.
    6.56%

Just a thread grounded in factual knowledge. Just ****ing genius.

Yeah, Calzaghe sucks man. Just ****ing horrible. Not even a C- level fighter.

Shut the **** up, #2 is where he belongs. Who is a better candidate for #2 right now than Joe Calzaghe? Let's hear it... really, let's hear it. I'm dying to know.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Just a thread grounded in factual knowledge. Just ****ing genius.

Yeah, Calzaghe sucks man. Just ****ing horrible. Not even a C- level fighter.

Shut the **** up, #2 is where he belongs. Who is a better candidate for #2 right now than Joe Calzaghe? Let's hear it... really, let's hear it. I'm dying to know.
      Juan Manuel Marquez
      Israel Vazquez
      Antonio Margarito
      Kelly Pavlik

I will take all these guys best wins over anything Calzaghe has done in his entire career...

Comment

Originally posted by !! $iN View Post
        Juan Manuel Marquez
        Israel Vazquez
        Antonio Margarito
        Kelly Pavlik

I will take all these guys best wins over anything Calzaghe has done in his entire career...
        JMM, coming off a loss. One big win over an old Barrera. No dice.
        Vazquez, good resume, but split a trilogy with an undersized bantamweight. Not sure that outweighs Kessler and Hopkins.
        Margarito, I mean, really... are you ****ing kidding me? Loss to Williams fairly recently, and KO'ing Cotto. Congrats, that is one good win to stack up against fairly recent losses against Williams and Santos. I'll take Joey Cal over him.
        Pavlik, . Seriously? Taylor and Taylor... you mean that guy who has had like a million controversial decisions and has not looked good once on the top level of the sport? You must be joking.

I don't even ****ing like Joe Calzaghe, and his fans make me borderline hate him, but... really, I don't think there is anyone else in boxing that can make an argument that he is anything other than #2. The idiots who say he is #1 over Pacquiao are even worse than the people who say he is lower than #3.

Comment

Vazquez, good resume, but split a trilogy with an undersized bantamweight. Not sure that outweighs Kessler and Hopkins.
          Margarito, I mean, really... are you ****ing kidding me? Loss to Williams fairly recently, and KO'ing Cotto. Congrats, that is one good win to stack up against fairly recent losses against Williams and Santos. I'll take Joey Cal over him.
          Pavlik, . Seriously? Taylor and Taylor... you mean that guy who has had like a million controversial decisions and has not looked good once on the top level of the sport? You must be joking.

I don't even ****ing like Joe Calzaghe, and his fans make me borderline hate him, but... really, I don't think there is anyone else in boxing that can make an argument that he is anything other than #2. The idiots who say he is #1 over Pacquiao are even worse than the people who say he is lower than #3.
          Marquez performance in "loss" to Pacquia is better then Joe against Kessler and Hopkins. Marquez is much more skilled and fundamental boxer. Kessler was nowhere near top10 and #1 in one of weaker divisions in boxing. Hopkins was #1 lhw but is 43 and past it since he got ring title. and pavlik win over taylor is more impressive then a kessler win. because when he beat bhop he was younger and he beat him twice. funny how ppl give calz credit for beatinig hopkins but not taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
            Marquez performance in "loss" to Pacquia is better then Joe against Kessler and Hopkins. Marquez is much more skilled and fundamental boxer. Kessler was nowhere near top10 and #1 in one of weaker divisions in boxing. Hopkins was #1 lhw but is 43 and past it since he got ring title. and pavlik win over taylor is more impressive then a kessler win. because when he beat bhop he was younger and he beat him twice. funny how ppl give calz credit for beatinig hopkins but not taylor.
            Calzaghe looked like ******* against Hopkins, but won on workrate.

Taylor looked like ******* against Hopkins, and won on... well, a lot of people say the kindness of the judges. I think he won both fights, but... idk, there is something that is just not right about Taylor. He can't ever do well in any big fight. Not a great string of performances.

Anyway, Marquez may be more skilled, but his resume is not good enough to overtake Calzaghe's.

Also, keep in mind that Calzaghe moved up to beat Hopkins, and Kessler was undefeated, and also very skilled.

I think Calzaghe is on top of Marquez and Pavlik fairly handily.

Comment

Dam! you set him up for the counter.....way to work bro

Comment

I ain't a fan of the guy, but I ain't got a problem wit him bein #2.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  I ain't a fan of the guy, but I ain't got a problem wit him bein #2.
                  same here.....

Comment

Working...
                  X