Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
    yeah every fight i have watched so far bar one or two has had a southpaw

weird
    Most of the fights I have watched they have won as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
      all our aussie olympic boxers that have fought so far have all been eliminated in the first round......why are we so **** at olympic boxing and russia and kazakhstan (i know wtf) and cuba and other eastern euros are so good? these guys must dedicate their whole lives to something they dont get paid for to be so damn good... i have respect for that
      I agree man. We are terrible. The fights I have watched so far involving Aussies were all pretty much landslides where our boys were totally outclassed. It seems that they have had some tough draws though. Our MW fought a tough Cuban dude and I think it was our welter got the bronze medalist from Athens. Still, pretty poor form so far.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        I agree man. We are terrible. The fights I have watched so far involving Aussies were all pretty much landslides where our boys were totally outclassed. It seems that they have had some tough draws though. Our MW fought a tough Cuban dude and I think it was our welter got the bronze medalist from Athens. Still, pretty poor form so far.
        Yeh we are not much as a boxing nation it would be nice if it had the support that swimming gets here , I was hoping Jarrod Fletcher at least got passed the first round but the Cuban totally outclassed him , he comes from my town and Ive met him a few times , real nice kid .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
          Yeh we are not much as a boxing nation it would be nice if it had the support that swimming gets here , I was hoping Jarrod Fletcher at least got passed the first round but the Cuban totally outclassed him , he comes from my town and Ive met him a few times , real nice kid .
          Yeah that fight really was a mismatch. I dunno, it kind of just seems like our bos don't really have a clue out there, like they aren't exactly sure about the best way to go about scoring points.

Comment

Is Fletcher the guy who beat James DeGale?

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
              Is Fletcher the guy who beat James DeGale?
              Yep thats him mate .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                Considering yall arent a boxing nation, boxingscenes best posters have a large austrailian presence.

Probably because yall arent so big, you dont have time to be biased.

Comment

we are a pretty small country to pick a competing team from when you have NRL AFL soccer and rugby union most parents choose those sports and don't won't boxing for there kids but if you look at some countries (and i don't won't this to sound bad in any way) but it's a way to get out of poverty or create a btter life they are just hungrier and want to succed more then we do
                  to us its a sport to others it is a way of life

Comment

Working...
                  X